The Student Room Group

Psychology personal statement

I'm currently in the process of writing my personal statement for psychology, and I need recommendations of books to write about! Loads of people say "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" so I feel like it's too cliche. Any ideas of other books/articles?
Is this for undergraduate or postgraduate?
Girl interrupted?
I think there's loads of little stories you could use like Edgar Allen Poes story "tell tale heart" which I think is really creepy and cool, or maybe delve into Sylvia Plath territory however that's probably just as cliche and only focussed on one aspect of psychology in depression, simple things like Jacqueline Wilson stories about children in different circumstance have s whole lot of psychological aspects to it. even using other books like idk harry potter and how we put ourselves into boxes- or even the conspiracy theory that Hogwarts was all an imagination to cope with his traumatic childhood, or looking at how Winnie the Pooh characters are used as representations of mental illnesses, even Alice in Wonderland psychadylic, hallucinating story as a way of coping .though I think I'm talking a load of nonsense-
I think my main point is story telling has a huge impact on how we read people, what we learn about different social cues, emotional reactions and coping mechanisms- either way I remember that when writing a personal statement books are the easiest way to go off track - as all my examples seem to show- so be careful but I think you got this.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1353596
this thread also includes suggestions of psychology books that you could use in your PS
Original post by ellaadavidson
I'm currently in the process of writing my personal statement for psychology, and I need recommendations of books to write about! Loads of people say "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" so I feel like it's too cliche. Any ideas of other books/articles?

https://www.myheplus.com/post-16/subjects/psychology Is a good place to start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending