Spouse Visa/Student Loan/EligibilityWatch
Hi guys, I would like to apply the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course at Eastman and Esses Universities.
I am a non-EU citizen. I have been living in the UK for more than 3 years. My husband is a British citizen and I currently hold a spouse visa. (Leave to remain-expires 09.2021) I will apply indefinite leave to remain visa after my visa expires but I would like to apply one these universities before settled visa as I don't want to waste my time.
My questions are;
-Am I eligble to apply for any universities in the UK with my spouse visa? ( I think eastman requires a settled visa without any lentgh restrictions (
-Can I get a student loan?
-Am I classified under EU category and pay 'home fee' as I am a member of a british citizen?
Thank you in advance!
You would need to check with prospective universities about course eligibility and fee amounts.
If you don't hold Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain you may still be eligible to apply for student finance under the Long Residency rules. If, on the first day of the first academic year of your course, you are:
- under 18 years of age and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
- aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half your life or at least 20 years
You will also need to:
- be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course
- have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in the UK and Islands throughout the 3 year period preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course
- and in the 3 years referred to above, not have moved to the UK and Islands wholly or mainly for the purposes of education.
I have been searching. And it’s hard to find a proper advice. According to official website I am entitled to tuition fee....
Here’s the evidence
If you do not hold Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain or meet the long residency criteria, you may be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only on the basis that you are a Spouse of an EU National.
You can apply on the paper EU19N form found here. We will also require you to send in evidence to us:
Your original valid ID
Evidence of legal residency status for any periods of residency in the UK
EU family members original ID or certified copy
Proof of relationship to EU Family member (Copy of Birth or Marriage Cert)
Hi my name is faisal i have done engineering form pakistan and now migrated to uk on spouse vise just 2 months ago i didn't have indefinite settlement yet, my wife is British national how i can avail scholarship/bursury/student loan?? I want to pursue my career in PGCE teaching