Zmb123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I would like to apply the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course at Eastman and Esses Universities.

I am a non-EU citizen. I have been living in the UK for more than 3 years. My husband is a British citizen and I currently hold a spouse visa. (Leave to remain-expires 09.2021) I will apply indefinite leave to remain visa after my visa expires but I would like to apply one these universities before settled visa as I don't want to waste my time.

My questions are;
-Am I eligble to apply for any universities in the UK with my spouse visa? ( I think eastman requires a settled visa without any lentgh restrictions (
-Can I get a student loan?
-Am I classified under EU category and pay 'home fee' as I am a member of a british citizen?

Thank you in advance!
Stuart SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zmb123)
Hi guys, I would like to apply the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course at Eastman and Esses Universities.

I am a non-EU citizen. I have been living in the UK for more than 3 years. My husband is a British citizen and I currently hold a spouse visa. (Leave to remain-expires 09.2021) I will apply indefinite leave to remain visa after my visa expires but I would like to apply one these universities before settled visa as I don't want to waste my time.

My questions are;
-Am I eligble to apply for any universities in the UK with my spouse visa? ( I think eastman requires a settled visa without any lentgh restrictions (
-Can I get a student loan?
-Am I classified under EU category and pay 'home fee' as I am a member of a british citizen?

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

You would need to check with prospective universities about course eligibility and fee amounts.

If you don't hold Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain you may still be eligible to apply for student finance under the Long Residency rules. If, on the first day of the first academic year of your course, you are:

- under 18 years of age and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
or
- aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half your life or at least 20 years

You will also need to:

- be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course

- have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in the UK and Islands throughout the 3 year period preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course

- and in the 3 years referred to above, not have moved to the UK and Islands wholly or mainly for the purposes of education.

Regards,
Stuart
Zmb123
Rep:
?
Unfortunately, I have been in the UK for 3 years 8 months. So looks like I can not get a Student Loan. So frustrating... Is there any funding options for someone like me? I mean I work here and my husband is British. Why I can't get a loan? not even a tuition fee loan? ((
Zmb123
Rep:
?
I have been searching. And it’s hard to find a proper advice. According to official website I am entitled to tuition fee....
Here’s the evidence

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...rue#layer-6193
Attached files
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zmb123)
I have been searching. And it’s hard to find a proper advice. According to official website I am entitled to tuition fee....
Here’s the evidence

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...rue#layer-6193
Hi there,

If you do not hold Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain or meet the long residency criteria, you may be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only on the basis that you are a Spouse of an EU National.

You can apply on the paper EU19N form found here. We will also require you to send in evidence to us:

Your original valid ID
Evidence of legal residency status for any periods of residency in the UK
EU family members original ID or certified copy
Proof of relationship to EU Family member (Copy of Birth or Marriage Cert)

Thanks, Amy
Faisal maqbool
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi my name is faisal i have done engineering form pakistan and now migrated to uk on spouse vise just 2 months ago i didn't have indefinite settlement yet, my wife is British national how i can avail scholarship/bursury/student loan?? I want to pursue my career in PGCE teaching
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Faisal maqbool)
Hi my name is faisal i have done engineering form pakistan and now migrated to uk on spouse vise just 2 months ago i didn't have indefinite settlement yet, my wife is British national how i can avail scholarship/bursury/student loan?? I want to pursue my career in PGCE teaching
Hi Faisal, was your previous study in Pakistan at higher education level?
Thanks, Isaac.
Khaoula reggad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Uk is no longer from the Eu, so this is not useful for us (spouse visa leave to remain permit holders ) anymore.
Last edited by Khaoula reggad; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (580)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (697)
41.17%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (339)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.55%

Watched Threads