The Student Room Group

Wanting to become a commercial/corporate lawyer with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma

I’ve completed a Btec in business and the grades I should be awarded is D*D*D. I will be starting a LLB Law degree in September and I was wondering whether I have a chance to become a successful lawyer and potentially gain a TC in a good law firm.
Original post by Rahmaaa123
I’ve completed a Btec in business and the grades I should be awarded is D*D*D. I will be starting a LLB Law degree in September and I was wondering whether I have a chance to become a successful lawyer and potentially gain a TC in a good law firm.

Yes should be fine. Helps if you go to a good uni and get a good degree. There are also lots of other factors. The BTEC shouldnt hold you back.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Yes should be fine. Helps if you go to a good uni and get a good degree. There are also lots of other factors. The BTEC shouldnt hold you back.

Okays thank you
Original post by Rahmaaa123
Okays thank you

Some firms ask for A levels, but you will have to ask if they accept BTEC as well, some will and some wont. There are hundreds of firms.
Start with good degree from good uni and work backwards.
Reply 4
I would see what your BTEC equivalency is in terms of UCAS. Some of the larger city firms for example have AAB A-Level "or equivalent" restrictions on application. So, if you have completed an Access to HE course and have 45 Distinctions, you will have AAA (and therefore, be fine).

Once you have worked this out, when you are applying, be sure to explain your qualification and quantify it in the additional sections. I have had to do this numerous times already for my Access course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending