The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham CAS letter

Has anyone received their CAS letter for the 2019 programme? Does Durham always take this long to process the CAS letter?
how long has it been because I have also been trying to wait for an offer for almost 7 weeks now
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mrmoffin
how long has it been because I have also been trying to wait for an offer for almost 7 weeks now

Would get in contact with the uni, thats way too long for an offer.
I know right ! Bristol and leeds replied me in 3 weeks ! Durham are saying that they are really busy ! That it can take up to 8 weeks
Original post by mrmoffin
I know right ! Bristol and leeds replied me in 3 weeks ! Durham are saying that they are really busy ! That it can take up to 8 weeks

UCAS application?

Nottingham did the same thing to me when i applied and luckily offered like three days before deadline... And to think i considered rejecting them lol... Just because i didn't think they would let me in lol.
Ah no man, post graduate! oh wow haha! I took your advice and gave them a call.. they said someone will look at the application today LOOL..after 7 weeks
Reply 6
I have been emailing them about mine and they said this regrading my CAS and it might apply to more people here
"We have now received and processed your results. As we are now under UCAS embargo, we are unable to process your offer acceptance form at present. As soon as the embargo lifts, we will be able to do this and proceed with your CAS."
I think we have to wait for embargo to end. I don't, however, know when that is! Anyone else know?
Original post by Kstorv01
I have been emailing them about mine and they said this regrading my CAS and it might apply to more people here
"We have now received and processed your results. As we are now under UCAS embargo, we are unable to process your offer acceptance form at present. As soon as the embargo lifts, we will be able to do this and proceed with your CAS."
I think we have to wait for embargo to end. I don't, however, know when that is! Anyone else know?

After A level Results day.
Reply 8
I did get in touch with the uni. I called them up and they said they’ve been busy with work on pre sessional CAS and for students with direct entry for Masters they ll only send it over by August. My admission records have been finalised but I’m waiting for the CAS for almost 10 weeks now. And being an international student sucks because I cant apply for visa without CAS.
wow.. on their website it says 3 working days you know.. lool.. they said the same presessional thing to me
Original post by Anonymous
I did get in touch with the uni. I called them up and they said they’ve been busy with work on pre sessional CAS and for students with direct entry for Masters they ll only send it over by August. My admission records have been finalised but I’m waiting for the CAS for almost 10 weeks now. And being an international student sucks because I cant apply for visa without CAS.

I am in the exact same situation, they stopped replying to emails by June and when I called them up, gave the exact same reply!
Its interesting, because I applied for a masters at durham this year, and waited 16 weeks for a response, and when I rang they said they were too busy doing CAS letters for international students to look at my application!
Original post by Jewelzela
Its interesting, because I applied for a masters at durham this year, and waited 16 weeks for a response, and when I rang they said they were too busy doing CAS letters for international students to look at my application!

The last time I called them they told me they were still working on the students requiring pre sessionals and that they would only start looking at the direct entry international students by August. I hope they speed it up you! 16 weeks is way too long for a response.

Quick Reply

Latest