Is Boris the worst person to become PM? Watch

L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I think you are smearing Alex Salmond. You seem to be portraying him as a monster, who destroyed Scotland (and the SNP).

I agree that I don't know the full story but it seems there were dark forces out to get him. The speed at which there was a furore was outstanding and I questioned the sincerity of the plot.
He has been accused of attempted rape. Twice over. Along with a string of other sexual assaults, not to mention accusations of bullying and other forms of misconduct. Of course there was a bloody "furore": imagine if that had been David Cameron, or Barack Obama.

The speed? The rumours about him were longstanding. It took a long time to assemble a case against him and then he was charged by the police. There are now months before he ends up in court to answer for these crimes.

In terms of him being a monster - if he is indeed convicted, that is what he is. But his behaviour in response to these allegations has been pretty monstrous too. I'm not sure why, but you've chosen unquestioningly to believe a man who is clearly a bit of a prick over several women who have made accusations. I am not suggesting for one moment that we all assume he is guilty, but rather that you've dismissed these out of hand because of some conspiracy theory about "dark forces".
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L i b)
He has been accused of attempted rape. Twice over. Along with a string of other sexual assaults, not to mention accusations of bullying and other forms of misconduct. Of course there was a bloody "furore": imagine if that had been David Cameron, or Barack Obama.

The speed? The rumours about him were longstanding. It took a long time to assemble a case against him and then he was charged by the police. There are now months before he ends up in court to answer for these crimes.

In terms of him being a monster - if he is indeed convicted, that is what he is. But his behaviour in response to these allegations has been pretty monstrous too. I'm not sure why, but you've chosen unquestioningly to believe a man who is clearly a bit of a prick over several women who have made accusations. I am not suggesting for one moment that we all assume he is guilty, but rather that you've dismissed these out of hand because of some conspiracy theory about "dark forces".
I am not believing anyone. I am waiting for the verdict to decide whether he is guilty. Just because he was accused does not make him guilty.

His behaviour in response, was fine to me. He had to defend his name. If he did not vigorously fight the accusations, some people may conclude that he was guilty. Now he did, some people are still saying that there is something there.

As for the dark forces, I was surprised at the speed and viciousness that people came down on him. When it was clear he had support, there seemed to be a quick retreat.

I am not saying that Mr Salmond is innocent or clean, but there seems to be more than meets the eye with the issues surrounding his case.

Believe nothing, question everything.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I am not believing anyone. I am waiting for the verdict to decide whether he is guilty. Just because he was accused does not make him guilty.
Indeed, which is precisely what I said.

His behaviour in response, was fine to me. He had to defend his name. If he did not vigorously fight the accusations, some people may conclude that he was guilty. Now he did, some people are still saying that there is something there.
He tried to stage a ridiculous power-play, intimidating people and then turned the case into a political thing to further his own ends.

As for the dark forces, I was surprised at the speed and viciousness that people came down on him. When it was clear he had support, there seemed to be a quick retreat.
He is currently awaiting trial.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L i b)
Indeed, which is precisely what I said.

He tried to stage a ridiculous power-play, intimidating people and then turned the case into a political thing to further his own ends.

He is currently awaiting trial.
Let us see how it goes. At the moment, I am on the fence.
Salostar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I think it's a great thing that Johnson is now PM and that the cabinet is full of leave supporters.

When it all comes crashing down they're in the exact position to be in to take the consequences.

At this point leaving with a deal or without, the country is going to continue to suffer. It's just a debate now by how much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%