The Student Room Group

Adult dance classes

I am trying to look for adult dance classes that don't start late I have work Mon-Fri 7-9pm, so I need daytime as I don't have a bus that late and I don't drive. I will say I live in Oxfordshire but that is all.

I just want to do Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Modern pretty much every dance style for fun and I would like to at least be able to audition for the west end, or audition for TV/Film kind of level as in what they teach that level will take me years I don't want to join a company so that's not a problem.

I also do want to become an actor whether or not I will make it, I am going to do acting workshops I have found a few online it's just managing the money of it all really, and the workshop/lessons are held by professional practitioners for example sylvia young but that interfered with work.

Thank you.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sofia_alter ego

I just want to do Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Modern pretty much every dance style for fun and I would like to at least be able to audition for the west end, or audition for TV/Film kind of level as in what they teach that level will take me years I don't want to join a company so that's not a problem.

Thank you.

So what you need to be doing is applying for full time professional training courses. You don;t get to be a dancer on the west end (or a cruise ship for that matter) by just taking fun, recreational classes. Unless you are near a major city such as London or Birmingham you simply won't get the level and number of classes part time such as daily ballet and jazz technique.

What standard are you now and what is your current level of training?
Original post by welcometotherock
So what you need to be doing is applying for full time professional training courses. You don;t get to be a dancer on the west end (or a cruise ship for that matter) by just taking fun, recreational classes. Unless you are near a major city such as London or Birmingham you simply won't get the level and number of classes part time such as daily ballet and jazz technique.

What standard are you now and what is your current level of training?

Never had major dance lessons, I did hip hop but I can't remember much. I mean west end level in the sense if I was to audition for a show it would be understandable and I would not be waisting their time.

I did some dance at college as I did a performing arts course but not a lot, didn't go in to the terminology of it all I know is releve, and pirouette.
I don't live far from London just don't know it very well and I my mum can't come with me for the first few lessons and I don't think anyone else would either.

If there is full time courses in oxfordshire (musical theatre so I get the dancing because Oxford School of Drama is just straight acting, that is not for children then that would be good...and also not interfere with my job as I have been there for a month and it will be how I pay for everything)
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending