Sophie5989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to join but don't drive. Are any travel costs subsidised as its going to be around £100 for a 4 hour train journey to Halton (with 3 changes). this would also require a hotel stay, also around £100 as the earliest train is around 10am so would have to travel the night before.

Also is there an easy way to get to Halton from the train station or would I then have to spend money on a taxi? This is unfortunately starting to be too expensive.
Last edited by Sophie5989; 1 year ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophie5989)
I want to join but don't drive. Are any travel costs subsidised as its going to be around £100 for a 4 hour train journey (with 3 changes). this would also require a hotel stay, also around £100 as the earliest train is around 10am so would have to travel the night before.Also is there an easy way to get the base from the train station or would I then have to spend money on a taxi? This is unfortunately starting to be too expensive.
Travel for what?
Sophie5989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello, sorry it wont let me edit the post, for basic training and the 2/3 day course, at Halton
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello, sorry it wont let me edit the post, for basic training and the 2/3 day course, at Halton
They will provide rail warrants for travel, and anything overnight they will accommodate you.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want to join but don't drive. Are any travel costs subsidised as its going to be around £100 for a 4 hour train journey to Halton (with 3 changes). this would also require a hotel stay, also around £100 as the earliest train is around 10am so would have to travel the night before.

Also is there an easy way to get to Halton from the train station or would I then have to spend money on a taxi? This is unfortunately starting to be too expensive.
Hi

You'll be issued train tickets by your AFCO prior to PRTC and basic training. You'll also be picked up from the train station. You'll be accommodated at Halton, so won't need a hotel.

However, once you start your training you would be responsible for your travel home etc, but you'll be paid by then so will be able to afford your rail travel home etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (813)
42.34%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads