The Student Room Group

Royal navy initial training

I have read the RN website and chats about the navy but all seem long ago, all opinions of the navy are very varied and some which put me off but I feel it would be a great experience. 😂However to the questions, what are the interview stages like are they challenging cos they are not my strong suit, also how varied is the age groups in the initial training cos I wouldn't like to be the only person in there about my age. Also what's the time you wake up on a morning?
Thx
(edited 4 years ago)
I was born in Newcastle, but I was made in the royal navy 🤪
Original post by riatown
I was born in Newcastle, but I was made in the royal navy 🤪

U from Newcastle
Reply 3
Original post by Bex2002
1. However to the questions, what are the interview stages like are they challenging cos they are not my strong suit,

2. how varied is the age groups in the initial training cos I wouldn't like to be the only person in there about my age.

3. what's the time you wake up on a morning?

1. Yes, challenging. Obviously. They're selecting you for service in the armed forces. They're going to test you. But they're also not going to try to catch you out. As long as you prepare, you'll be well equipped.

2. There will be a mix, but most recruits are predominantly at the younger end of the scale, 17-22.

3. During training it will be early and it will vary.
Original post by Drewski
1. Yes, challenging. Obviously. They're selecting you for service in the armed forces. They're going to test you. But they're also not going to try to catch you out. As long as you prepare, you'll be well equipped.

2. There will be a mix, but most recruits are predominantly at the younger end of the scale, 17-22.

3. During training it will be early and it will vary.

Thank you, do you know what I would need to prepare or is it on the website or do they give you a guidance
Reply 5
Original post by Bex2002
Thank you, do you know what I would need to prepare or is it on the website or do they give you a guidance

They will guide you through the whole process

Quick Reply

Latest