The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU PGDE 5-11 2019 enrolment

Anyone starting their PGDE in September with LJMU? I only know 1 person so far haha
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Liverpool
Original post by WanderLust06132
Anyone starting their PGDE in September with LJMU? I only know 1 person so far haha

Heya! I've my interview for it next Monday, really hoping to get in. Any tips for me?
Reply 3
I am!! Starting to get nervous now about what to expect on the first day etc are you primary or secondary?
Reply 4
Original post by shaannon9_
Heya! I've my interview for it next Monday, really hoping to get in. Any tips for me?

Good luck next Monday!! You will be fine they were so lovely and the whole day was actually really relaxed and chilled! There's a small group activity which I think there looking at how you communicate in a group setting then you have your individual interview which was actually really short try to back your answers up with previous experience if you can and maybe try squeeze some educational issues into your answers if you can lol there were no questions that took me by surprise thank god and my interviewer was really nice , all the tutors seemed really nice and friendly! You will be great if you've any more questions feel free 😊 Are you primary or secondary?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TSR_Ollie
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I do this?

Original post by MccO18
Good luck next Monday!! You will be fine they were so lovely and the whole day was actually really relaxed and chilled! There's a small group activity which I think there looking at how you communicate in a group setting then you have your individual interview which was actually really short try to back your answers up with previous experience if you can and maybe try squeeze some educational issues into your answers if you can lol there were no questions that took me by surprise thank god and my interviewer was really nice , all the tutors seemed really nice and friendly! You will be great if you've any more questions feel free 😊 Are you primary or secondary?

Thank you so much for all that advice it's really helpful! I'm applying for Primary. I'm travelling from Ireland too so I really hope it's worth my while going over lol... Was the written task complicated? Not really sure how I can prepare for that one. Also did you get a start date for the course? ☺️
Original post by MccO18

Literally was going to say the same thing haha the interview consists of 2 people; someone from one of the schools that they work with for placement (normally a principle or someone high up) and then someone from the university themselves. They were honestly all so lovely and chilled out so I wouldn't worry. Good Luck!!
Original post by MccO18
I am!! Starting to get nervous now about what to expect on the first day etc are you primary or secondary?

Oh I am too, and all these pre course tasks are making me wonder what we have actually got ourselves into haha. I know the first week is an introduction and the week after is training, or so it says on the provisional timetable. I'm primary 5-11! you?
Reply 8
No problem at all! Sorry I haven't been back on this. How did you get on with your interview? what did you think of the written task I thought the article was a bit hard to get my head around and I think I only wrote like a page, think they were looking more for your spelling and grammar here!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by WanderLust06132
Oh I am too, and all these pre course tasks are making me wonder what we have actually got ourselves into haha. I know the first week is an introduction and the week after is training, or so it says on the provisional timetable I'm primary 5-11! you?

I know oh my god! There are so many and I haven't started yet!!😑 I'm secondary art! Dreading the induction wonder will it be full of awkward ice breakers etc😅🤦
(edited 4 years ago)
Has everyone gotten their dbs check done? Basically I applied really late so only started yesterday but because I'm Irish it's hard to get atleast 3 required identity documents, I've only got 2... I'm really afraid I won't be able to start
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Has everyone gotten their dbs check done? Basically I applied really late so only started yesterday but because I'm Irish it's hard to get atleast 3 required identity documents, I've only got 2... I'm really afraid I won't be able to start

Hey I got my posted away only today I used my passport, driving licence and birth certifcate ? I was panicking too that I only had two but then realised I could use my Birth cert! I also now don't know how to pay it online I followed the link in the email but it just lead me to an online shop ? 🤔
Original post by MccO18
Hey I got my posted away only today I used my passport, driving licence and birth certifcate ? I was panicking too that I only had two but then realised I could use my Birth cert! I also now don't know how to pay it online I followed the link in the email but it just lead me to an online shop ? 🤔

I had the same prob so I just searches ljmu dbs check online, here's the link: https://buyonline.ljmu.ac.uk/product-catalogue/ljmu/faculty-shop/faculty-of-education-health-community/disclosure-barring-service-id-verification-for-overseas-applicants
Reply 13

Oh my god thank you so much! How didn't I come across this 😅 Also I take it you got in then 😁🤗
Original post by MccO18
Oh my god thank you so much! How didn't I come across this 😅 Also I take it you got in then 😁🤗

No problem :smile: Yes got my conditional offer!! Just hoping my dbs goes through on time
Reply 15
Original post by shaannon9_
No problem :smile: Yes got my conditional offer!! Just hoping my dbs goes through on time

Congrats! I wouldn't worry, I would imagine that only really has to be back before you go on placement! anyway!!
Hi! I’m starting in September too, I don’t know anyone yet so I’ve been worrying! Have you finished all the reading yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending