£ slumps 10% as Boris directly leads to inflation Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
The Titanic hit the iceberg that was caused by Cameron caving into the 40 or so Euro Skeptic MPs.

You now seem to be blaiming the third class passengers for getting in the way of the passage to the life boats.

As a denocrat, surely you are heartened by the fact our parliament appears to accurately represent the views of the nation? I mean did you really expect remainers to shut up and go home? I seem to recall much Brexit sentiment that a narrow loss would see loud appeals for another referendum.

And anyway. All thecsh1t that is starting to happen. It isn't actually happening at all because it is project fear.
Yes that's just a load of nonsense really isn't it?

Cameron did not cave in too just 40 or so MPs in his party. Reality check - what was actually happening was UKIP was gaining lots of political momentum on the back of growing public discourse at the main political parties and eurosceptism! Cameron played party poltics with a subject of much greater importance than his silly party try to win power. He actually won a majority he thought he never would, which in turn meant he had to give the referendum he thought he would never have to give and in turn lost a referendum he never contemplated losing!

Parliament is not accurately representing the public, there is huge over reputation of hard core remaniac's who wish to remain at any cost and act with no rhyme or reason.

Noone has hit any iceberg and to use your deluded analogy if anything the remainers are drilling more holes into the boat nevermind reaching for the lifeboats! The bloody SNP doing whats best for the united Kingdom? Yea right, have you listened to yourself lately? The SNP are god awful they don't give a dam about the union or the European Union, they are simply acting in their own nasty interests to highly damage Scotland and the United Kingdom!

Now as for the rest of your post, one quote from Farage about carrying on campaigning for a second referendum is irrelevant. He would not of got one and should of got one either, however thats totally and utterly irrelevant to the point, you are just playing whataboutery.

I'll repeat Brexit uncertainty is causing great harm, I've been consistent with this. When all the TSR remaniac's were jumping for joy at the extension, I spoke about the damage that would happen (and it is happening), I said it was the worst possible outcome. Remainers now have an open checkbook to cause as much misery as they can and divert all blame to Brexit!

I don't know why you typed your last paragraph, maybe you are simply just not reading my text, you are wrong.

'All thecsh1t that is starting to happen. It isn't actually happening at all because it is project'

Read what I'm saying and open your eyes
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I came out of the shed where I was heading a little while ago to see if the dust had settled.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 It's cool mate we all make mistakes, even I did once.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Except the uncertainty is coming to an end and a hard Brexit (as you want) is very much on the cards. The markets are responding accordingly. And please don't tell me this is all a surprise. A year ago claims that this happened was Project Fear and thrown in the face of Remoaners.

This is what you wanted. You are going to have to wear it. You voted. This is what happens when you vote. You can't blaim the opposition for the sh1t storm you have contributed to. That just smacks of sour grapes.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
I thought about whether to quote you or not because I know how ridiculously deluded you are by this entire process.

Parliamentary remainers have managed to keep the boat afloat by frustrating the process, it is no coincidence that the pound has had a steady climb over the past few months or so by the apparent chance of no deal been taken off the table. As soon as no deal seems more likely the pound crashes... that is no coincidence. And using the pound as an example again, the pound has never once risen to what it was before brexit, not once, how are you unable to see that a falling pound no matter how much you’ve deluded yourself is not a good thing. Yes it costs less to export but it also costs a ridiculous amount more to import, and most of our manufacturing uses imported products. You are completely economically inept by the looks of things.
Why thank you for your brilliant reply, keeps in tune with the intellectual capacity of remainers to communicate without resorting to insult! fortunately you opinion does not represent reality and thus I am quite economically secure

Now if you actually understood my text you would have noticed I mentioned 'it's a sign the market believes we will have no deal' I'm unsure how to simply that for you, but it clearly shows the markets don't like uncertainty and no deal is the ultimate in uncertainty.

Now if you can't answer the questions I asked you and can't follow the messages in my posts there is little point in talking to you. However you can delude yourself all you like, if it was not for remainer parliamentarians we would of left now with a deal, the UK government could control EU immigration and the unification of our country would of started, the UK would of no be facing the uncertainity of no deal!
Onde
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We need to stop calling Mr Johnson, esquire "Boris".
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Onde)
We need to stop calling Mr Johnson, esquire "Boris".
There's been a big push to rename him. "de Liar Pfeffel" is my personal favourite.
Onde
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
There's been a big push to rename him. "de Liar Pfeffel" is my personal favourite.
"Pfeffel" is too similar to "Piffle". Oh, hang on...that's a brilliant idea.
Onde
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Markets don't care about levels of uncertainty. But certainly, the average consumer does not like such times because it effects their day-to-day purchases of Freddos etc.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Except the uncertainty is coming to an end and a hard Brexit (as you want) is very much on the cards. The markets are responding accordingly. And please don't tell me this is all a surprise. A year ago claims that this happened was Project Fear and thrown in the face of Remoaners.

This is what you wanted. You are going to have to wear it. You voted. This is what happens when you vote. You can't blaim the opposition for the sh1t storm you have contributed to. That just smacks of sour grapes.
Rubbish, when have I said I wanted no deal? You can babble on all you like, repeating mistruths and false allegations. The truth still remains we would of left now if it were not for remainer parliamentarians and you know it.

I don't think you know what you are taking about, why have you not answered my questions, could it be the answers don't fit with your alternate reality you are comforting yourself with?

If we leave no deal it's not the fault of the EU it's the fault of remainer parliamentarians who tried to frustrate the process to get 100% of the result on 48% of the vote and it backfired. Well in the case of the SNP, it probably didn't backfire at all because that's what I believe they want!
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 3 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Why thank you for your brilliant reply, keeps in tune with the intellectual capacity of remainers to communicate without resorting to insult! fortunately you opinion does not represent reality and thus I am quite economically secure

Now if you actually understood my text you would have noticed I mentioned 'it's a sign the market believes we will have no deal' I'm unsure how to simply that for you, but it clearly shows the markets don't like uncertainty and no deal is the ultimate in uncertainty.

Now if you can't answer the questions I asked you and can't follow the messages in my posts there is little point in talking to you. However you can delude yourself all you like, if it was not for remainer parliamentarians we would of left now with a deal, the UK government could control EU immigration and the unification of our country would of started, the UK would of no be facing the uncertainity of no deal!
I can’t tell whether you’re a really good troll, or just dense; either way you’re helping show why the public should never have had a vote on this in the first place...

What I don’t understand however, is completely what you’re stance is? You say, quite rightly that markets do not like uncertainty. That is correct. You also say that no deal is the ultimate uncertainty. That is also correct. However, how are you not linking those two up to come up to a sensible answer?

Markets hate uncertainty, brexit is uncertainty. How do we help markets? Take away that uncertainty. Suddenly boris become PM and the pound plummets. Coincidence? No. After months of slow recovery under a May government with unemployment falling and the pound slowly but surely creeping up, boris comes in and again, the pound plummets. Why? Because the catastrophic effects of no deal suddenly hit home to the markets because that man is stupid enough to take us out without a deal.

I’ll simplify it even further for you... markets do hate uncertainty, but what they hate even more is brexit. This country will now spend more than 4 billion on brexit preparation. For once, I agree with Labour, what a disgusting waste of taxpayers money.

Out of interest, because I think it may effect your stance on this, do you have a job, if so in what sector, or are you a student?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can’t tell whether you’re a really good troll, or just dense; either way you’re helping show why the public should never have had a vote on this in the first place...

What I don’t understand however, is completely what you’re stance is? You say, quite rightly that markets do not like uncertainty. That is correct. You also say that no deal is the ultimate uncertainty. That is also correct. However, how are you not linking those two up to come up to a sensible answer?

Markets hate uncertainty, brexit is uncertainty. How do we help markets? Take away that uncertainty. Suddenly boris become PM and the pound plummets. Coincidence? No. After months of slow recovery under a May government with unemployment falling and the pound slowly but surely creeping up, boris comes in and again, the pound plummets. Why? Because the catastrophic effects of no deal suddenly hit home to the markets because that man is stupid enough to take us out without a deal.

I’ll simplify it even further for you... markets do hate uncertainty, but what they hate even more is brexit. This country will now spend more than 4 billion on brexit preparation. For once, I agree with Labour, what a disgusting waste of taxpayers money.

Out of interest, because I think it may effect your stance on this, do you have a job, if so in what sector, or are you a student?
That £4bn being spent predominantly on the UK economy, no?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Not that it has any relevance, however I'm not a student, I'm a warehouse manager in the food industry and I own small buy to let business. I am the parent of a student, I have stated this many times.

Calling people names just because you cannot assimilate their views does not show ayou possess a great grasp of the detail of the topic, nor does reiterating what you're opponent is said in one sentence in several paragraphs!

Markets don't dislike Brexit per se, they dislike not knowing what the hell is happening. We are in limbo. It is that state of confusion that is angering business, we don't like having to spend thousands on no deal preparations for nothing only to have, the remainer parliamentarians extend the uncertain period. (with their heads in the Westminster cloud) a business leader said 'no deal is better than no answer' that's a cry for help.

You avoid my on topic questions and create ab hominem attacks on different subjects. You don't coat yourself in glory, now would you like to answer my questions or are you just going to insult me a little more?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quady)
That £4bn being spent predominantly on the UK economy, no?
Maybe they would be happier if it was sent to Brussels
grcose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait until all the foreign (including Chinese) capital that is parked in the UK and in UK property starts fleeing the country. Mass capital outflows can wreck havoc with a currency and economy.

If this pound decline continues, the Bank of England might be forced to super-hike rates to stem speculation. Except that hiking rates in an already weakening economy will hurt. A lot.

Don't even ask what the higher rates will do to all those who have mortgaged themselves to their eyebrows to buy overpriced property in London. Have you ever tried selling something that nobody wants to buy any more? It's not fun
Last edited by grcose; 3 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not that it has any relevance, however I'm not a student, I'm a warehouse manager in the food industry and I own small buy to let business. I am the parent of a student, I have stated this many times.

Calling people names just because you cannot assimilate their views does not show ayou possess a great grasp of the detail of the topic, nor does reiterating what you're opponent is said in one sentence in several paragraphs!

Markets don't dislike Brexit per se, they dislike not knowing what the hell is happening. We are in limbo. It is that state of confusion that is angering business, we don't like having to spend thousands on no deal preparations for nothing only to have, the remainer parliamentarians extend the uncertain period. (with their heads in the Westminster cloud) a business leader said 'no deal is better than no answer' that's a cry for help.

You avoid my on topic questions and create ab hominem attacks on different subjects. You don't coat yourself in glory, now would you like to answer my questions or are you just going to insult me a little more?
Businesses would not have to spend money on no deal preparations in the first place, had this ridiculous vote not happened in the first place. I again repeat, remained politicians have helped keep the ship afloat over the past few months, it is BJ who will sink it.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Businesses would not have to spend money on no deal preparations in the first place, had this ridiculous vote not happened in the first place. I again repeat, remained politicians have helped keep the ship afloat over the past few months, it is BJ who will sink it.
Burton is right on this, certain remain politicians have been deliberately trying to derail brexit and are therefore partly responsible for the situation we are now in, but there are also some of the more extreme leave politicians that are every bit as culpable too.
Overall parliament has acted disgracefully since we voted to leave the EU, many MPs totally ignoring the wishes of those constituents who voted them in on the back of a manifesto saying they would deliver brexit.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Talking about of the referendum should of taken place or not is irrelevant to the point. I agree it should never of been held, but it was and thats the end of it.

How have remainer parliamentarians helped in the last few minutes month's, please explain. If you could explain the difference is between Corbyn's imaginary deal he was talking about and May's deal mk1?

Tell me why remainer MP's backed the exit agreement publicly in Parliament, then voted it down in MV3?

Then please explain why these actions have helped to keep the 'boat afloat'
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 3 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Burton is right on this, certain remain politicians have been deliberately trying to derail brexit and are therefore partly responsible for the situation we are now in, but there are also some of the more extreme leave politicians that are every bit as culpable too.
Overall parliament has acted disgracefully since we voted to leave the EU, many MPs totally ignoring the wishes of those constituents who voted them in on the back of a manifesto saying they would deliver brexit.
I agree that parliament has acted poorly, but I respectfully disagree on the reason why. 51/49 is not a clear enough mandate for such a massive decision. What politicians have done which is their most heinous crime is this; change their minds just to suit their constituents. If you believe in something, you stick with it. I cannot, and will not forgive anyone who has just simply changed their mind to suit their constituents.
Talking about of the referendum should of taken place or not is irrelevant to the point. I agree it should never of been held, but it was and thats the end of it.

How have remainer parliamentarians helped in the last few minutes month's, please explain. If you could explain the difference is between Corbyn's imaginary deal he was talking about and May's deal mk1?

Tell me why remainer MP's backed the exit agreement publicly in Parliament, then voted it down in MV3?

Then please explain why these actions have helped to keep the 'boat afloat'
In response to you both regarding the stalling of brexit and keeping the boat afloat, if remainer politicians had not frustrated the process like they have done, then the pound dropping and all of the **** hitting the fan would have happened months ago. The difference is we would have been up the swannie long ago. Simple. I fully support any politician who has held up this process to keep our country from dropping off a cliff. What do you both think the consequences are post brexit without a deal? The pound will drop, and will simply resurge back up therefore leading to no direct consequences? Absolute rubbish. We will slowly die as a nation, and we will have no one else to blame but ourselves.
Last edited by imlikeahermit; 3 weeks ago
C.Goodyear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Foreign exchange and inflation are totally different
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by C.Goodyear)
Foreign exchange and inflation are totally different
One influences the other. A drastically lower pound makes imports into the UK more expensive. Much of our industry, including many consumer products and basics, like food, energy, clothing and pharmaceuticals have large proportions of imported materials in them. Therefore the prices of just about everything rise when the £ goes down, as indeed they have done recently and will now continue to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.46%
Excited (165)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.52%
Terrified (388)
22.07%
Meh (180)
10.24%
Confused (38)
2.16%