S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
true, except they're humans, and have a lot more worth than an animal, so I don't think you could treat any human however you like just because they're your property.
Bit hypocritical really. Why is a person, maybe a serial killer, worth more than an animal? Where’s the line between a psychopath and an animal who has feelings? I don’t remember Jesus or any religious figure advocating that animals are trash 🗑 and people are animals mate so you’re just chatting sh** at this point 😂
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by S.carter)
Bit hypocritical really. Why is a person, maybe a serial killer, worth more than an animal? Where’s the line between a psychopath and an animal who has feelings? I don’t remember Jesus or any religious figure advocating that animals are trash 🗑 and people are animals mate so you’re just chatting sh** at this point 😂
I've already answered this twice: because that's what the Bible teaches.

Jesus sent 2000 pigs down a cliff just for one man's mental health. that example alone should be enough to show how much God values one human over any animal.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, [b]ye are of more value than many sparrows.[b/]"
Matthew 10:29*-‬31 KJV

"What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:"
Psalms 8:4*-‬6 KJV

I don't recall saying animals are trash, all I said was that humans are worth a whole lot more than any animal.
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've already answered this twice: because that's what the Bible teaches.

Jesus sent 2000 pigs down a cliff just for one man's mental health. that example alone should be enough to show how much God values one human over any animal.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, [b]ye are of more value than many sparrows.[b/]"
Matthew 10:29*-‬31 KJV

"What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:"
Psalms 8:4*-‬6 KJV

I don't recall saying animals are trash, all I said was that humans are worth a whole lot more than any animal.
Okay my bad the bible just seems very outdated then although I believe there’s a part of it which says people are the guardians of animals, which means it’s up to people to take care of them
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Okay my bad the bible just seems very outdated then although I believe there’s a part of it which says people are the guardians of animals, which means it’s up to people to take care of them
the Bible teaches that the righteous man "regards the life of his beast". there may be other scriptures I'm not aware of, I dunno. but the Bible doesn't teach this idea that we're on the same level of animals and deserve some sort of right to live or be treated nicely and with dignity like society is telling us.

I think animals should be treated nicely and with some level of respect, I'm just saying that if someone thinks otherwise and wants to treat them however and has no kindness towards animals, it shouldn't be illegal for them to do so.
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
the Bible teaches that the righteous man "regards the life of his beast". there may be other scriptures I'm not aware of, I dunno. but the Bible doesn't teach this idea that we're on the same level of animals and deserve some sort of right to live or be treated nicely and with dignity like society is telling us.

I think animals should be treated nicely and with some level of respect, I'm just saying that if someone thinks otherwise and wants to treat them however and has no kindness towards animals, it shouldn't be illegal for them to do so.
Ok I mean considering most animal abusers go on to become serial killers or psychopaths that’s probably not the best outlook but it’s your opinion
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ok I mean considering most animal abusers go on to become serial killers or psychopaths that’s probably not the best outlook but it’s your opinion
yeah I think most serial psycho killers started off brutally torturing some animal and watching someone else do it. (I don't have evidence for it though)

but I don't think the people running those farms where animals can't even move freely and live in horrid conditions are serial killers.
or people who run animal circuses
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yeah I think most serial psycho killers started off brutally torturing some animal and watching someone else do it. (I don't have evidence for it though)

but I don't think the people running those farms where animals can't even move freely and live in horrid conditions are serial killers.
or people who run animal circuses
No not serial killers just ****heads
Vetadele
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I support and fight for animal rights and welfare. I believe that no animal should be considered inferior to human beings, and that there should be no reason or excuses for any speciesism whatsoever in today's modern era.
I consider animal welfare good, however find it insufficient.
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Vetadele)
I support and fight for animal rights and welfare. I believe that no animal should be considered inferior to human beings, and that there should be no reason or excuses for any speciesism whatsoever in today's modern era.
Totally agree with you. There are a couple of Bills going through the House of Commons and the House of Lords right now , like the Animal Welfare and Sentencing bill which will extend the max sentence for animal abusers to 5 years instead of 6 months etc which are really good steps but I don’t think enough is being done unfortunately :/

However if animals are to gain real rights and not be considered property, I don’t know what that’ll mean for the agriculture industry (I’m vegetarian, don’t have dairy but do have eggs as we have our own chickens) so I don’t think that’ll ever happen :/
Xymox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vetadele)
It's my position too. I wish more people could understand this and support the idea of animal rights, as also responsible caring for your pets.
NeonSun
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tori20023)
Hi
How many people believe in animal right or animal welfare?
I believe in animal welfare but i want to know why people believe in what they believe
I believe in both of them, however I think that these concepts should differ in case of wild and domestic animals. For the wild ones the best thing which can people make, do not interfere in their life at all if it's possible and stop to destroy their natural habitat. But I support the idea of helping the wild animals in some cases (I saw many videos about such vets' work for example).
And the main thing for the domestic animals includes responsibility and caring for them by their owners. Really if you're not ready for having your own pets, then don't become their owner. It's just extremely sad for me to see people who have dogs/cats and don't know how to treat them, even considering how many helpful resources about this https://petonbed.com/ are now. But it's even sadder when some people don't care about such things at all and have no wish to change this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed