The Student Room Group

What's the easiest/best language to learn

I think it's rlly useful to learn a language in life so I want to start before my last two brain cells jump of a cliff and die 😂 what are other ppls experiences w learning another language and can u suggest a good easy one I can start with

(I only did Spanish GCSE and didn't pay much attention)
English lol
Spanish is supposed to be easier for an English native speaker however if you didn't enjoy that certain other European languages such as French and Italian or even German are supposed to be fairly easy to learn for English speakers
Spanish is very easy for English-speakers, maybe try French
Easiest language for a native English speaker? Probably something like Afrikaans.

Not sure what you mean by best language.
Reply 5
By best I kind of meant most useful I guess?? All languages are useful and amazing dont get me wrong, just I want to start off with something useful/easy ! If theres such a language!
Reply 6
Yeah maybe French? Thanks
I watched video on what the best language to learn for an English speaker is and it said German so maybe german lol idk! I'm so indecisive
Reply 7
i wouldn't say french is easy as you have to remember both male and female verbs. you will have to memorize twice for a single word.
Reply 8
No language is easy but some are more related to English than others so I would suggest starting there - I am learning German and many words are similar but German grammar is on a whole different level compared to English grammar and differs a lot.

Also do a language in a culture or country you admire/ are interested in and it will feel more like fun learning new vocab, tenses, grammar etc rather than a chore and you will more motivated to become fluent.

I would suggest doing that than just looking for the easiest langugae.
Reply 9
Original post by iodo345
No language is easy but some are more related to English than others so I would suggest starting there - I am learning German and many words are similar but German grammar is on a whole different level compared to English grammar and differs a lot.

Also do a language in a culture or country you admire/ are interested in and it will feel more like fun learning new vocab, tenses, grammar etc rather than a chore and you will more motivated to become fluent.

I would suggest doing that than just looking for the easiest langugae.

Agree 100% there think I need to do some research on different cultures too. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending