What MA can you go into after doing a BA in Textile Design? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've recently finished my BA in textile design and have applied to do an MA in textile and surface design. Is this the only MA course that I can do at bcu? I'm thinking of changing it to something else like graphic design or fine art because I'm not sure if the course I applied for is right for me. My work has always been graphic and I enjoy drawing more than textile work-embroidery, print etc so I think I'd enjoy an art related MA more than the textile one. Is it possible to change the course I applied for at this stage? I applied direct to the uni not through UCAS.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've recently finished my BA in textile design and have applied to do an MA in textile and surface design. Is this the only MA course that I can do at bcu? I'm thinking of changing it to something else like graphic design or fine art because I'm not sure if the course I applied for is right for me. My work has always been graphic and I enjoy drawing more than textile work-embroidery, print etc so I think I'd enjoy an art related MA more than the textile one. Is it possible to change the course I applied for at this stage? I applied direct to the uni not through UCAS.
Hi Anonymous,

It's worth talking to our course enquiries team on 0121 331 5595 to discuss your postgraduate options. Most of our MA courses say that you need a 'related subject' undergraduate degree, as long as you show relevant work in your portfolio.
You might want to look into some of our other art and design based Master's, or if it's more graphic design you're interested in than our MA Visual Communication might be worth looking at.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lydia
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi Anonymous,

It's worth talking to our course enquiries team on 0121 331 5595 to discuss your postgraduate options. Most of our MA courses say that you need a 'related subject' undergraduate degree, as long as you show relevant work in your portfolio.
You might want to look into some of our other art and design based Master's, or if it's more graphic design you're interested in than our MA Visual Communication might be worth looking at.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lydia
Ok thanks. How many students are in general are there on MA design courses?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (6)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (1)
11.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
22.22%

Watched Threads