Watch
vannahc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jeonjungkook01)
Yup. The whole year 10 I barely paid any attention so I have to :/
Mind if I ask, how do you usually revise for maths?
For me personally I do lots of practice questions, if I come across something I don’t know then I watch videos/get help from friends teachers/any other resources etc until I understand it then write flash cards/notes on how to do it so I don’t forget and then have another crack at the questions. This personally helps me however you may find other techniques work.

jeonjungkook01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by vannahc22)
For me personally I do lots of practice questions, if I come across something I don’t know then I watch videos/get help from friends teachers/any other resources etc until I understand it then write flash cards/notes on how to do it so I don’t forget and then have another crack at the questions. This personally helps me however you may find other techniques work.
I do the exact same things apart from writing flash cards/notes but I'm confused if I'm actually making progress and I can never get through past papers because I just get bored and I've probably done all the past papers available
vannahc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jeonjungkook01)
I do the exact same things apart from writing flash cards/notes but I'm confused if I'm actually making progress and I can never get through past papers because I just get bored and I've probably done all the past papers available
Try and get other people to test you, if they can make up questions for you and see if the stuff you’ve learnt has stuck and if you can apply it. I feel the same with a few of my subjects, I’m not sure if it’s working.
jeonjungkook01
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Try and get other people to test you, if they can make up questions for you and see if the stuff you’ve learnt has stuck and if you can apply it. I feel the same with a few of my subjects, I’m not sure if it’s working.
I don’t really have friends, especially friends who care about maths but thank you!!
olivert5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by husfngyaug)
are mocks important and is doing the real gcses a stressfull time?
GCSEs are as stressful as you make them. I would advise not making them stressful. It’s not fun for anyone.

The mantra of the year should be something to do with working consistently and in a way that won’t cause burnout. You can work that into something memorable.

Trust me, in two years time, you’ll look back on GCSEs, whether they were good or bad, and think that it was less stressful than you made it for yourself.

Mocks? Unless you are going off to a different college or sixth form, they do not matter all that much, but good predicted grades often give you a welcome boost to the ego, and bad ones (might) push you do do better.

In general, messing up exams can be off putting. If you mess up mock, put it behind you and move on. If you mess up an exam in your GCSEs, equally put it behind you. That one exam doesn’t have the right to bring down the others.

Good luck this year, it will be the most important of your academic life so far, but won’t be the defining year of your life.
sanahcreamy123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you

i got 4-7 in my mocks
4-maths
7-graphics
5-5 science
7 spanish
4-geography

what do you think about my results
please say exactly what you think
better than what ill get
GCSE exams :(
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yoursunshinexx)
helloooo,, if anyone needs help for the beginning of year 11, this is the one xxx
if we ever go back to school and collage and I'm the 2004 babie
chocolatcookie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
are mocks important and is doing the real gcses a stressfull time?
As a current year 11, I regret not taking mocks as seriously as I should have, as now my grades are partially determined by them, don't worry too much about them but take them seriosuly, lots of people are in difficult positions now as they didin't take the mocks seriosuly and now may not be awarded the grades they need to get into sixth form for example.

Teachers constantly tell you to revise, the best way I find is to make revisions tools such as mind maps and flashcards for all year 10 content during the summer and then just test yourself in short bursts once a day for 5 minutes (for example). Year 11 goes by extrememly quickly, make the most of the time with your friends and use your teachers for help and support (that is what they are there for), year 11 can be fun and rewarding at the end.
GCSE exams :(
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do it over and over again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.66%
No (477)
66.34%

Watched Threads