The Student Room Group

Should I take the test or wait?

I need help with deciding if its worth to take the theory test now and probably start learning for practical around November 2019 or should I first start learning practical driving and then take theory test. I will eventually pass it before the 2 year expiry for the theory test however just wanted to get opinions on which one is better option. Thanks
Probably start practical first and then learn theory alongside it as there’s a lot to learn in terms of practical because it takes a while for you to really “get it” (in terms of muscle memory) so start early and then start learning the theory alongside as early as possible (just my opinion tho lol)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Practical first. You need to see how fast you pick up on the driving, then when you feel like you’re about halfway there get the theory done :smile:
Reply 3
You kinda learn the theory by driving anyway. A lot of the theory questions become common sense once you somewhat learn how to drive. Questions like braking distance and approaching are learnt by driving.

I’d do a few driving lessons, then book for your theory
I turned 17 in the September, did my theory at the end of October, started driving lessons the day after my theory then passed my practical in December after 9 driving lessons. The theory is so easy you might as well do it while you've got time, and that also means it's not going to hold you up getting your test booked (there can be a bit of a wait).

Quick Reply

Latest