Why are Marxists so dull? Watch

Arran90
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My experience of reading modern day literature (leaflets, website articles etc.) by Marxist political organisations is that they are repetitive and dull. They ramble on about exactly the same things they were rambling on about 20 years ago and make more effort trying to fit things into Marx's so called scientific theory rather than actually focusing on the true requirements of and issues affecting the ordinary folk they claim to represent.

Marxists really do come across as dull people.

In contrast, I find the Green Party far more interesting even in situations where they believe in things that I disagree with. There is some vigour to the Greens whereas Marxists appear tired and stale in comparison.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lol
username4891378
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
this is a question im not sure many people will be able to answer if im being honest.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Arran90)
My experience of reading modern day literature (leaflets, website articles etc.) by Marxist political organisations
Who reads this [email protected]? I bet you are a laugh and a half after half a pint of lager and lime!
Alt Tankie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Complete opppsite I find. Green Party members are the dullest of the dull, even Tories, hell even liberals are more interesting
Arran90
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Who reads this [email protected]? I bet you are a laugh and a half after half a pint of lager and lime!
I don't think that anybody past the age of 30 who lives in the real world has any interest in Marxism. It's just a tiny handful of diehards and the naive younger generation who wants to go to university so they can learn about Marxism and rub shoulders with fellow comrades as they think that there is something cool about class struggle.
Evil Homer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't say I was dull, I began leaning towards the left-wing when I caught the ferry over to Portsmouth. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Portsmouth in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones I think this was in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back but gave up after dickety-six miles. Three wars back we called Sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunchbox." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Anyway, long story short my ideologies origins are complicated and rambling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%