The Student Room Group

Something missing in my relationship

I've been with my girlfriend around 14 months now and things have been going great, nothing is specifically wrong with the relationship such as cheating, distrust, arguments etc but recently more and more feelings of "boredom" with the relationship have started to arise, I love the girl and she's amazing but I think now that we've both finished our A levels and have the whole of summer, the fact that we are so different is affecting our relationship. We are both (hopefully) going away to uni in September and I’ve already made it clear that a long distance relationship is not what I want. I don’t want to hurt her in any way because she has stuck by me through some of my hardest times, but I feel im ruining our relationship anyway due to how distant I feel im being, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
If a spark is missing then it's a sign that you shouldn't continue. Just remain as friends.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my girlfriend around 14 months now and things have been going great, nothing is specifically wrong with the relationship such as cheating, distrust, arguments etc but recently more and more feelings of "boredom" with the relationship have started to arise, I love the girl and she's amazing but I think now that we've both finished our A levels and have the whole of summer, the fact that we are so different is affecting our relationship. We are both (hopefully) going away to uni in September and I’ve already made it clear that a long distance relationship is not what I want. I don’t want to hurt her in any way because she has stuck by me through some of my hardest times, but I feel im ruining our relationship anyway due to how distant I feel im being, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

I think in your heart you know the relationship isn't right for you at this moment, especially as you are starting uni soon. Be honest with your girlfriend.
Well seems like you should break up with your girlfriend, cuz I'm - oops, "you're" - bored
Original post by pinesandapples2001
Well seems like you should break up with your girlfriend, cuz I'm - oops, "you're" - bored

😂😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending