MyGCSE science - anybody been successful after using it? Watch

Oliver789
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I’m in year 10 and am going into year 11. I do triple science and have recently came across mygcsescience. £50 is a lot to spend for videos and practice questions and I know that there are plenty of free resources out there on YouTube. For my year 10 mocks I primarily used freesciencelessons which is good but I just feel it’s a little basic in terms of detail. What I like about the idea of mygcsescience is the organisation of it but before I buy it, has anyone used it and likes it and has achieved high grades?
pelumixo
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Oliver789)
Hi, I’m in year 10 and am going into year 11. I do triple science and have recently came across mygcsescience. £50 is a lot to spend for videos and practice questions and I know that there are plenty of free resources out there on YouTube. For my year 10 mocks I primarily used freesciencelessons which is good but I just feel it’s a little basic in terms of detail. What I like about the idea of mygcsescience is the organisation of it but before I buy it, has anyone used it and likes it and has achieved high grades?
I definitely do recommend Mygcsescience as I've had it since the start of year 10 and has made science so much easier for me and if it weren't for it I wouldn't be able to get 6 and 7s at the end of topic tests for science with minimal effort. its a great site that offers you note sheets alongside the powerpoint in the video with I am using as of now. not to talk of the checklists and exam questions. but i would also recommend going through the spec alongside it as it might miss out minute stuff but overall it is an excellent site and would give it a 10/10.
baconhatesbeef
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Its useful!!!
I sucked at chemistry and I was getting 4s and 5s but when the teachers in our science department gave out logins in December year 10 last 2 years BAM managed to get 6s and 7s throughout the year at got a 7 in GCSE chemistry in 2018 when my results came out.
Oliver789
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, thanks for that advice, what did you get in the other sciences?
baconhatesbeef
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
7 for physics and 8 for biology
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I used it all throughout year 10. I really like the way you can watch the video, complete a short quiz and then practice exam questions. In terms of detail, it gives you middle-level detail and goes in slightly more detail than freegcsesciemcelessons. The only thing I would say is that it shouldn’t be used as your primary source of revision and should be used along with the CGP revision guides and textbook or educake along with practicing exam questions from physicsandmathstutor and exampro.
Make sure you buy the mygcsescience for your exam borard(AQA/Edexcel/OCR)
I got an 8 in biology, 8 in physics and 7 in chemistry.(mocks)
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i haven't used it, but there are plenty of free resources online so I don't really get why people pay for them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.5%
No (269)
33.5%

Watched Threads