Travel in Sheffield Watch

Peterwill1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello, I am moving to Sheffield from London. I heard that there’s no oyster card in Sheffield and as I’m 19 and have a younger brother and we both are in full time education, it’d be a bit difficult for us to travel to school and college. Can I please ask you how do the students in Sheffield travel and if it’s free (or have any a discounts for my age)? Thank you!
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you have a student card, then Stagecoach offer student bus tickets for £1.30 for most journeys to and from the city, so it's pretty cheap.

Trams are relatively cheap too, there's a ticket you can get online that allows travel on both trams and Stagecoach buses for a week, so that's worth checking out too.
Last edited by MidgetFever; 6 months ago
Peterwill1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
If you have a student card, then Stagecoach offer student bus tickets for £1.30 for most journeys to and from the city, so it's pretty cheap.
1: where is stage coach?
2: is £1.30 for each journey?!
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Peterwill1)
1: where is stage coach?
2: is £1.30 for each journey?!
There's multiple stops around the city that Stagecoach buses do circuits round, you're best looking on their website for journeys in specific areas/week or month tickets.

Yup, each journey. (depending where it is obviously) I'm in uni 4 days a week and it only costs me around £10 a week for journeys there and back. Which is a lot cheaper than other places I've been.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads