The Student Room Group

free time on an architecture degree?

I'm wanting to study architecture (2020 entry) but I'm concerned it might be too demanding time-wise. I'm going to have to get a part-time job at uni to support me financially but im not sure i will even have the time for that as most people are saying architecture students 'work the hardest' in comparison to hours spent studying for other degrees, even medicine and law. so that just freaked me out a bit to be honest. I do think i'll enjoy it and the passion and interest is there but i dont know if it will be possible to maintain a social life and work part time along side the degree.
If anyone has studied or is currently studying architecture please reply with any advice, I really want to know how much free time will be available if any.
Original post by lbrowne01
I'm wanting to study architecture (2020 entry) but I'm concerned it might be too demanding time-wise. I'm going to have to get a part-time job at uni to support me financially but im not sure i will even have the time for that as most people are saying architecture students 'work the hardest' in comparison to hours spent studying for other degrees, even medicine and law. so that just freaked me out a bit to be honest. I do think i'll enjoy it and the passion and interest is there but i dont know if it will be possible to maintain a social life and work part time along side the degree.
If anyone has studied or is currently studying architecture please reply with any advice, I really want to know how much free time will be available if any.

I dont think architecture is more demanding time wise than medicine, but nonetheless its definitely doable, but it just means you will have to sacrfice any free time you have (not all but maybe most if it), as oppose to the students who will choose to do extracurricular things in their spare time (like things to do with the university society stuff)
Do student loans not cover most if your living costs?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending