The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Unfortunately I can't open the 2008 mark scheme, but I'm sure some of you out there can! So based on the mark scheme 08, any ideas what WON'T be coming up tomorrow?
Reply 81
whats the difference between blood in the hepatic portal vein and the main hepatic vein apart from the portal vein being rich with nutrients
Reply 82
The pressure in thre hepatic is less than the pressure in the artery..I think because the hepatic has already passed through a set of capillaries.
Reply 83
I meant the hepatic vein not artery both th portal vein and main vein are at same pressure. Have aquestion state two differences. I know then portal vein is rich in nutrients but the second..... is it to do with glucose levels
errrm hepatic portal vein comes from the stomach and pancreas, whereas the portal vein is from the vena cava...so they both have deoxygenated blood:smile:
ahhh i know...hepatic portal vein contains hormones from the pancreas :smile:
Reply 86
it comes from liver and pancreas*
oh yeh lol sorry :smile:
Reply 88
Maestor
it comes from liver and pancreas*

comes from the small intestine and thw pancreas
Frosty3001
Unfortunately I can't open the 2008 mark scheme, but I'm sure some of you out there can! So based on the mark scheme 08, any ideas what WON'T be coming up tomorrow?

Well alot seem to think Ear is going to be there, which mean eye won't (usually). Muscle contraction will be (maybe a fill in gaps). Ruminent and carnivore teeth adaptations shouldn't be, seeing as though it was one of the two 7 markers in Jan08
i know some people were talking about how they dont have the OCR mammalian physiology and behaviour textbook. I 've been writing some notes for a wikibooks.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Biology/Mammalian_Physiology_and_Behavior

its missing some bits, but its useful for those without the book.
I bet you it will be a nervous question essay to write up
Reply 92
oh yeh my bad..revision starting to take its toll! on me!
Reply 93
I only need 6 marks from this exam to get an A overall :biggrin: Jealous? :wink:
Reply 94
"Explain how the cochlea of mammals converts sound energy into nerve impulses"
What would I need to write about in the answer? I wouldn't need to write about balance would I? Would I just need to write about hearing?
The mark scheme isn't very detailed!
Reply 95
Aciassa what have u got in all your other modules?
Reply 96
Freshtrader
Aciassa what have u got in all your other modules?

Foundation - 87/90
Health & Disease - 79/90
Transport (with coursework) - 115/120
Central concepts - 81/90
Unifying concepts (with coursework) - 112/120
Reply 97
yes amy :-) only about hearing
Reply 98
Maestor
yes amy :-) only about hearing

:smile: thank you
Reply 99
here's a question, how is thyroxine controlled by the hypothalamus and anterior pituitary?
it has something to do with another hormone :Z but it all confuses me

Latest

Trending

Trending