Royal Holloway, how is Maths with Spanish BSc? Watch

jannath20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've firmed my place at RHUL, doing maths with Spanish (beginner's pathway) and haven't found much information on how students found the course. I'm wondering if it's hard to do both subjects and stay consistent and if anyone has done a year abroad.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there, I can’t speak for the Spanish part, but I’m currently going into my 3rd year of maths at RHUL and am loving it. Lots of people take Maths with “something” and I find they feel it gives them a good break as maths every day can be a bit full on. My friend does Maths with French and says she finds it manageable. The one bit of advice I could give you would be to do a little reading over the summer. When you arrive in September they’ll advise you read “How to Think Like a Mathematician by Kevin Houston” - do it, I didn’t and I massively regret it as have started it now and makes a massive difference to how you think about Maths after A level. When I last checked Maths doesn’t provide any year abroad options (annoyingly...) so for that you’ll be better off checking the Spanish departments page for that and how this would work with your maths courses as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.68%
Impatient (212)
12.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise