The Student Room Group

GCSE

I'm starting year9 and in my school only a few students get selected for triple science how should I prepare for this?
Hi, I’ve just finished year 11 and I’m doing 2 sciences at A-Level next year so hopefully I can help a bit!

If you are just going into year 9 try not to worry about preparing too much for anything because you are at the very beginning of a longer journey, but it is brilliant that you are motivated which is very important.

To prepare I would say get to know your course and how you can access the specifications for your sciences maybe even print them out so that you have a hard copy that you can always refer to.

You can find out in September which revision guides would be the best to use from your teachers so don’t rush to buy anything yet.

Preparation can also involve setting goals for yourself; what grades you want to achieve, what good habits you want to get into etc and just prepare yourself to work hard when it comes to September. Year 9 should be such an enjoyable year for you so focus on both working hard and also having lots of fun too!

Embrace the fact that not many people from your school do triple science- it shows that you must be very capable and you should get more attention from teachers which is a good thing. Teachers are an essential part to your GCSEs so make sure to form good relationships with them when you back because you may need them to explain things to you and keeping them sweet will mean you will get the most out of them.

Hope I have been able to help, enjoy your summer xx
Reply 2
Create flashcards on quizlet, and do past papers. Probably the best way to prepare instead of endlessly writing notes.
Reply 3
Original post by Student01234
Hi, I’ve just finished year 11 and I’m doing 2 sciences at A-Level next year so hopefully I can help a bit!

If you are just going into year 9 try not to worry about preparing too much for anything because you are at the very beginning of a longer journey, but it is brilliant that you are motivated which is very important.

To prepare I would say get to know your course and how you can access the specifications for your sciences maybe even print them out so that you have a hard copy that you can always refer to.

You can find out in September which revision guides would be the best to use from your teachers so don’t rush to buy anything yet.

Preparation can also involve setting goals for yourself; what grades you want to achieve, what good habits you want to get into etc and just prepare yourself to work hard when it comes to September. Year 9 should be such an enjoyable year for you so focus on both working hard and also having lots of fun too!

Embrace the fact that not many people from your school do triple science- it shows that you must be very capable and you should get more attention from teachers which is a good thing. Teachers are an essential part to your GCSEs so make sure to form good relationships with them when you back because you may need them to explain things to you and keeping them sweet will mean you will get the most out of them.

Hope I have been able to help, enjoy your summer xx

Thank you so much! Its nice to get great advice from a student that has gone through this before, I really appreciate your reply and i hope you pass all your subjects thank you and good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jbrdodd
Create flashcards on quizlet, and do past papers. Probably the best way to prepare instead of endlessly writing notes.

Thank you for the different ways to help it means a lot.:h:
Original post by pjgirl707
Thank you so much! Its nice to get great advice from a student that has gone through this before, I really appreciate your reply and i hope you pass all your subjects thank you and good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much! And good luck to you too, you will do amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending