JzANonM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
like whats a typical day like for you?
what kind of independant study do you have to do?
Etc etc 😊
TheKinkyChinky98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do biochem (but do more chem modules) - it's 50:50 in terms of practical/theoretical knowledge - but independent study wise, we write up lab reports/essays, do some worksheets and past papers - not too much of difference from school

Organic chem has A LOT of stuff to learn/remember

(I don't do any physical chem modules) so maybe different
JzANonM
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheKinkyChinky98)
I do biochem (but do more chem modules) - it's 50:50 in terms of practical/theoretical knowledge - but independent study wise, we write up lab reports/essays, do some worksheets and past papers - not too much of difference from school

ooh interesting, what do you learn in organic chem? is it much more intricate than a level chem?
TheKinkyChinky98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JzANonM)
ooh interesting, what do you learn in organic chem? is it much more intricate than a level chem?
Yes definately
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheKinkyChinky98)

+1 to this.
You have marked labs ( anywhere from 9-15 hours a week; mostly chem with a few BIO here and there ) + a good amount of lectures + workshop. You also have to produce weekly 10-14 hour reports; in 3.5 days; and you have more exams than most people/courses . Theres a lot of self learning needed, and organic chem gets very convoluted and inorganic chem become filled with a ton of info/calcs/skills and content; making organic chem sometimes easier to undertsand, since its just mechanism and small content ( does need a lot of backround knowledge though )
JzANonM
Rep:
?
(Original post by rimstone)
+1 to this.
You have marked labs ( anywhere from 9-15 hours a week; mostly chem with a few BIO here and there ) + a good amount of lectures + workshop. You also have to produce weekly 10-14 hour reports; in 3.5 days; and you have more exams than most people/courses . Theres a lot of self learning needed, and organic chem gets very convoluted and inorganic chem become filled with a ton of info/calcs/skills and content; making organic chem sometimes easier to undertsand, since its just mechanism and small content ( does need a lot of backround knowledge though )
i see.
ok!
im going to be in year 13
I was hoping to do pure chem at uni
is there any tips you can recommend in terms of revision?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (41)
18.47%
No one else does (73)
32.88%
I'm embarrassed about my background (22)
9.91%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (74)
33.33%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.35%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.8%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads