Trader137
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have been excluded from University of Westminster, because I have failed a Core module twice. I was wondering what options do I have know as i do not know what to do.
Trader137
Rep:
?
I found the module extremely hard and couldnt pass the module
Trader137
Rep:
?
I haven’t appealed, im looking into appealing but the chances of expectance seems low
Trader137
Rep:
?
How will they let me know if I need to resit the year
Trader137
Rep:
?
I am so lost please help I have never been in this situation
Trader137
Rep:
?
I am studying finance
Trader137
Rep:
?
Would they let me stay within the university
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trader137)
Hi, I have been excluded from University of Westminster, because I have failed a Core module twice. I was wondering what options do I have know as i do not know what to do.
What year are you in?
Have they offered you any options?
Normally it is first sit- resit- retake= 3 times to sit the exam before withdraw.
Are you on a health related course?
Have you spoken to student advisor in SU?
Trader137
Rep:
?
Im in Year 2
And they haven’t offered me any options
Not on a health related course
And SU is not open out of term times
So im stuck
Trader137
Rep:
?
Thanks that gives me some hope
Trader137
Rep:
?
Ok i will be looking into an appeal
And i dont suffer from any conditions
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you want to continue on a degree you can't pass?
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trader137)
Im in Year 2
And they haven’t offered me any options
Not on a health related course
And SU is not open out of term times
So im stuck
You either need to speak to your tutor or department or registry . The answer will be in the rules for year progression. I am getting you failed year 2 exams, which is unfortunate and inconvenient compared to year 1. I am getting you failed the first sit and then resits. The rulers should be on the website or in your student handbook.Although its usual to offer a retake if you failed by so much then they can refuse to offer it.

If there was no third chance and you didnt have either any personal or health related issues on which to base an appeal it looks grim.
I dont agree there are plenty of ways out, but you need to read the rules.

I expect they will offer you a CertHe [corrected by Notoriety] for your first year.

You can then try for a transfer into some other unis second year degree, maybe OU and finish your degree that way.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

Student Advice.
Have looked at the SU and it gives no indication of being closed. although and not convinced by the scope of its services whether they will help you.
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/curren...student-advice

Registry will know the rules better. I would contact them as well.
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/curren...gistry-offices
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 year ago
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
On what basis is the appeal going to be?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You either need to speak to your tutor or department or registry . The answer will be in the rules for year progression. I am getting you failed year 2 exams, which is unfortunate and inconvenient compared to year 1. I am getting you failed the first sit and then resits. The rulers should be on the website or in your student handbook.Although its usual to offer a retake if you failed by so much then they can refuse to offer it.

If there was no third chance and you didnt have either any personal or health related issues on which to base an appeal it looks grim.
I dont agree there are plenty of ways out, but you need to read the rules.

I expect they will offer you a PGCE for your first year.

You can then try for a transfer into some other unis second year degree, maybe OU and finish your degree that way.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content
CertHE or something. Not PGCE.

Not suggesting you don't know this; just for the benefit of the OP. Don't wanna confuse them even more.
Last edited by Notoriety; 1 year ago
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Yep in my head thats what I typed. Too tired now. Why it suddenly becomes urgent at 2am is beyond me, same as people who start saying its urgent on Friday night when they have sat on it all week.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
If you appeal it has to have some basis according to the appeal/ extenuating circumstances rules.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notoriety)

Not suggesting you don't know this; just for the benefit of the OP. Don't wanna confuse them even more.
Dont worry its good to have it pointed out. It is an error I always rep on such mistakes, but wont let me. I thought one thing and typed another. Time to sleep.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Why?
Uni of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there
I'm sorry to hear you've been excluded from your course. I've checked with the Registry Office and the regulations are clear, if students fail a core module twice in their 2nd year they cannot progress into Year 3. I know it sounds unfair but unless there are mitigating circumstances you cannot appeal the academic decision. Students are given the opportunity to resit after the first fail. This is a second chance to pass the module.

You will be awarded a Certificate of Higher Education for your 1st year of study.

Other alternatives is to apply for a different course or try another university.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (392)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (301)
43.43%

Watched Threads