medicine personal statement advice Watch

Cara Raynaud
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello I'm currently doing my ucas application to apply to medical schools in the UK. I'm working on my personnal statement and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice to help me do a good PS or if anyone is a medical student to give me some tips and advice.
Thank you
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Cara Raynaud)
Hello I'm currently doing my ucas application to apply to medical schools in the UK. I'm working on my personnal statement and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice to help me do a good PS or if anyone is a medical student to give me some tips and advice.
Thank you
Have a look at TSR's resources, there are plenty and even more in the medicine forum.
Cara Raynaud
Rep:
?
OK thank you very much
Cara Raynaud
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
Have a look at TSR's resources, there are plenty and even more in the medicine forum.
Hi I didn't find the tsr ressources could u send me the link?
Cara Raynaud
Rep:
?
Thanks so much
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi I didn't find the tsr ressources could u send me the link?
The personal statement builder tool is under the applying to uni tab and the medicine forum is under the university tab under uni courses.
Cara Raynaud
Rep:
?
OK thanks😊
Hammad0108
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you
In your personal statement :
Be hopeful! Be yourself! Be different!
and do not lie! Try to show the best of you.
Do multiple drafts, Ask feedback from friends. (It took me about 8 full drafts and my final draft was very different to the one I wrote first ).
Also, try not to specific about any particular med school (unless you applying to only one) and also avoid plagiarism or uploading your statement to any site including TSR before joining the course.
keep in mind structure is as important as the content of your sr so make sure it is structured in the best possible way and is interesting.
If you have any questions please ask I would be glad to help.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hammad0108)
In your personal statement :
Be hopeful! Be yourself! Be different!
and do not lie! Try to show the best of you.
Do multiple drafts, Ask feedback from friends. (It took me about 8 full drafts and my final draft was very different to the one I wrote first ).
Also, try not to specific about any particular med school (unless you applying to only one) and also avoid plagiarism or uploading your statement to any site including TSR before joining the course.
keep in mind structure is as important as the content of your sr so make sure it is structured in the best possible way and is interesting.
If you have any questions please ask I would be glad to help.
TSR offers a free personal statement check, you can trust us. Do not PM any random user on TSR with your PS though.
Hammad0108
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
TSR offers a free personal statement check, you can trust us. Do not PM any random user on TSR with your PS though.
Does the check include the plagiarism check as well? and i meant uploading it any threads on tsr.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hammad0108)
Does the check include the plagiarism check as well? and i meant uploading it any threads on tsr.
No it doesn't do anything for plagiarism, but equally doesn't show up on the UCAS plagiarism checker (but ONLY in the private forum)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (418)
43.82%
No (99)
10.38%
I'm not old enough (437)
45.81%

Watched Threads