The Student Room Group

Clarifying a question in the application

I am a second year student. In my first year, I didn't take out a loan. This year, I am applying for one.

There is a question in the application that says 'Have you studied or are you currently studying any higher education courses?'. Underneath the question, it says not to answer 'yes' if in regard to the course that this loan is for. However, if I answer no, then I am also saying that I am not currently studying, haven't studying before, which isn't correct. So whatever I answer, I can't seem to communicate my situation quite right!

Any advice on what this is asking for?
Original post by lramsden
I am a second year student. In my first year, I didn't take out a loan. This year, I am applying for one.

There is a question in the application that says 'Have you studied or are you currently studying any higher education courses?'. Underneath the question, it says not to answer 'yes' if in regard to the course that this loan is for. However, if I answer no, then I am also saying that I am not currently studying, haven't studying before, which isn't correct. So whatever I answer, I can't seem to communicate my situation quite right!

Any advice on what this is asking for?

Hello,

Are you applying online or by paper? If by paper which application form is it you are completing?

Regards, Duncan
Reply 2
Hi there!I’m applying online! I ended up giving them a call, and they said to answer no, and then later on in the application I could clarify what year I was in etc.Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending