Starting ULaw Watch

The University of Law Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys!

I'm Sherrie. I am a student at the University of Law, Birmingham. Thought i'd get a post started for those of you joining us in September, whether at Birmingham or one of our other campuses.
What are all your thoughts on starting uni?
What are you looking forward to? Do you have any concerns/worries about anything?
MissFoxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi guys!

I'm Sherrie. I am a student at the University of Law, Birmingham. Thought i'd get a post started for those of you joining us in September, whether at Birmingham or one of our other campuses.
What are you looking forward to? Do you have any concerns/worries about anything?
Hi Sherrie!

I've had an offer for the i-Ma Law so I'll be studying online from home, with the exams taken at one of the London campuses. I've just passed the scholarship assessment, so I'm waiting to hear back about those.

Anyone else going to be studying online? I am a little concerned about the lack of face to face contact and how future employers might potentially view that, but travelling in just wasn't an option for me due to my health!
The University of Law Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!

Great to hear from you!
Firstly massive congratulations on receiving your offer to study the i-Ma Law! I have a friend who also took this option due to her personal circumstances and she is getting on great!
Please don't worry about the lack of face to face contact, the course is very interactive and informative and help is provided throughout your course and whats more you can learn from the comfort of your own home.
Employers will also regard this course in the same way they view those who have studied in a classroom environment. You similarly will study all of the core subjects i.e. contract, crime, tort etc and your degree classification will carry the same weight. I also believe it gives you further skills/qualities in studying this way.
Congratulations on passing the scholarship assessment, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you while you are waiting for the outcome. I actually managed to get one as well when I started my undergrad, mine was the Lawyer2B Scholarship. They are a real help when it comes it relieving financial burden and look great on CV.

Good Luck with your future studies
Sherrie
Sweety_512
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi guys!

Hi do you have lectures in evenings? As I'm aware some universities have lecture 5-7pm for example. Also What are the timetables like, do you attend every day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.46%
Excited (165)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.52%
Terrified (388)
22.07%
Meh (180)
10.24%
Confused (38)
2.16%