The Student Room Group

The Indecisive Society

Scroll to see replies

sounds good

and no we justt talked about crap continuously
going to a fancy dress party today- decided to go as an alien seeing as I have a green jumper, green pipe cleaners and green glitter :biggrin:
Hey sexys.
Oh my god. I'm so tired.
If no one is here I'm going to start talking to myself again.
Hello and good afternoon to all :smile:
Hello Sophie! You saved me from starting a conversation with myself :biggrin:
Good good, what have you been doing today then?
Today I started volunteering at a Cancer Research charity shop. Yourself?
piece_by_piece
Today I started volunteering at a Cancer Research charity shop. Yourself?

How'd it go? I want to talk to myself :p:
I went to Oxford for the day because it's my Birthday tomorrow and I was allowed to have lunch out and go on a bit of a shopping spree as a present - albeit not in very gloorious shops and not with a huge amount of money.
Still, I enjoyed it all the same :smile:
RoadWarrior
How'd it go? I want to talk to myself :p:

It was okayish. I don't think I can do it for a whole year though, it's just so boring and tedious. I'm going to persuade my parents to let me get a job in Tescos or something.
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
I went to Oxford for the day because it's my Birthday tomorrow and I was allowed to have lunch out and go on a bit of a shopping spree as a present - albeit not in very gloorious shops and not with a huge amount of money.
Still, I enjoyed it all the same :smile:

Happy birthday for tomorrow if you're not online! Did you buy anything nice then?
piece_by_piece
Happy birthday for tomorrow if you're not online! Did you buy anything nice then?

Thank You!
I bought a fairish number of new clothes for my holiday and the odd piece of jewellery plus a great new handbag. Plus we had lunch at Jamie's Italian in Oxford - I don't know if you're a Jamie Oliver fan but I think his food's amazing so it was a lovely day out for me. :smile:
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Thank You!
I bought a fairish number of new clothes for my holiday and the odd piece of jewellery plus a great new handbag. Plus we had lunch at Jamie's Italian in Oxford - I don't know if you're a Jamie Oliver fan but I think his food's amazing so it was a lovely day out for me. :smile:

Sounds great! I'm glad you had a lovely time :smile:
piece_by_piece
It was okayish. I don't think I can do it for a whole year though, it's just so boring and tedious. I'm going to persuade my parents to let me get a job in Tescos or something.

Yeah it is hellishy dull, but I just talk for the whole time :p: And I doubt a job will be much better, but at least you get paid - pity I can't get one :rolleyes:

Happy B-day Sophie :woo:
RoadWarrior
Yeah it is hellishy dull, but I just talk for the whole time :p: And I doubt a job will be much better, but at least you get paid - pity I can't get one :rolleyes:

Happy B-day Sophie :woo:

Thanks again!
Why can't you get a paid job then?
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Thanks again!
Why can't you get a paid job then?

Coz they are ALL taken, by dam uni students - they broke up before us :mad:
RoadWarrior

I got one :smile:
Though I suppose it's not really a summer job - it's 10 hours a week and I intend to keep it when I go back to school.
Loads of people seem to be having trouble finding jobs this year though.
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
I got one :smile:
Though I suppose it's not really a summer job - it's 10 hours a week and I intend to keep it when I go back to school.
Loads of people seem to be having trouble finding jobs this year though.

Lucky you - how are you gonna work 10 hours a week when you go back to school?
Reply 2739
RoadWarrior

Don't give up , I'm sure you'll find something eventually (as long as you don't mind a commute). Have you looked in central london etc? My friend works in a rymans there and he's in our year (so broke up at the same time as us). Have you tried call centres? Libraries? Don't just look for shop assistant jobs, often you can find better-paid stuff elsewhere.

I'm so glad I don't have to find a job - babysitting whenever I want :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest