The Indecisive Society Watch

billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
Jess, how do you change the thing under your username?
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's on the "my account" link, and it has the option there to do a "custom user title"
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Thank you
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No problems
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
I wonder where everyone else is?!
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Me too Is Ed still on work experience?
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
I don't know. I know Vivek has work experience this week, but I thought Ed finished last week? I'm not too sure.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, just got back from my first half-day of work experience and OMG it couldn't have been more boring

The first 3 days of w.e are half-days and we sit in a room and listen to someone talking about something. Today, we got health&safety and a dietition - The guy sitting next to me fell asleep, and the men's toilets were broken, so me and my friend had to use the disabled ones

The two days of practical better make up for this!

BTW oooooooooh Beita you're a sub now
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
Hi, just got back from my first half-day of work experience and OMG it couldn't have been more boring

The first 3 days of w.e are half-days and we sit in a room and listen to someone talking about something. Today, we got health&safety and a dietition - The guy sitting next to me fell asleep, and the men's toilets were broken, so me and my friend had to use the disabled ones

Awwwww :hugs: At least your days are structured though. I was stood around most of the time waiting for a nurse or a doctor to allow me into the rooms :mad: Learn anything useful? At least they taught me (unintentionally) how a hospital A&E works though as that's the purpose of W.E, it doesn't sound like they taught you much :hugs:
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago

Awww! Well hopefully you'll learn something more interesting tomorrow or the day after :p: What do you do on the "practical" days? Do you get to watch surgery?! wow wow wow
And yes, I am a sub :cool: You should become a sub too!
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
:hugs: I do know about the health & safety act, and Gillian McKeith is not a trained dietrition, so she got sued for using that title, coz you need a qualification to be a dietition

Yeah it's structured, but not very fun or interesting - let's hope the two full days of practical work are good

There were about 50 people there! I thought it was only a few people

Practical days are when we follow a consultant in the area we choose - I want A&E! Hopefully I'll see operations and stuff
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:hugs: I do know about the health & safety act, and Gillian McKeith is not a trained dietrition, so she got sued for using that title, coz you need a qualification to be a dietition

Yeah it's structured, but not very fun or interesting - let's hope the two full days of practical work are good

There were about 50 people there! I thought it was only a few people

Practical days are when we follow a consultant in the area we choose - I want A&E! Hopefully I'll see operations and stuff
Aww, I wish they'd have let me follow a consultant A&E isn't always that exciting unless it's during evenings but it's probably more exciting than the Wards.
Ilyusha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
A&E isn't always that exciting unless it's during evenings
I can imagine - I've been there so many times after poking pencils in my eye, falling over etc.
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
Aww, I wish they'd have let me follow a consultant A&E isn't always that exciting unless it's during evenings but it's probably more exciting than the Wards.
Yeah, hopefully I'll see something exciting :yep:
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
(Original post by anna_c_100)
I can imagine - I've been there so many times after poking pencils in my eye, falling over etc.
Yeah, otherwise I want to do paediatrics :yep:
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by anna_c_100)
Awww :hugs: you clumsy thing :p:
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, otherwise I want to do paediatrics :yep:
I loved the kids in the A&E paediatrics, they were braver than the ****ing adults :p: Obviously one woman was in pain because they were changing her bandages on a nasty finger cut, but she was worse for crying and screaming at the nurses than a child who came in after who just sat giggling.

Kids are so cute I wish they didn't always hate me :p:

Any luck finding someone to go with you to the childline meeting?
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Anyone else majorly bored?!
Also, do you all think work experience shadowing a consultant radiologist will be interesting? I'm thinking it's either going to be boring or amazing.
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
I loved the kids in the A&E paediatrics, they were braver than the ****ing adults :p: Obviously one woman was in pain because they were changing her bandages on a nasty finger cut, but she was worse for crying and screaming at the nurses than a child who came in after who just sat giggling.

Kids are so cute I wish they didn't always hate me :p:

Any luck finding someone to go with you to the childline meeting?
Kids like me most of the time :p:

And still no luck :no: friends say cba/holiday/work exp and even my dear brother refused
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
(Original post by piece_by_piece)
Anyone else majorly bored?!
Also, do you all think work experience shadowing a consultant radiologist will be interesting? I'm thinking it's either going to be boring or amazing.
Yeah, I'm bored, but I can entertain myself (don't be immature :rolleyes: )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads