?
Report 11 years ago
Errrm. Interesting convo..
Oldspeak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1) Beita- go back a few pages, I posted an article for you.

2) Peter- some old men are hot. when I say OLD I don't mean 65, I mean older than me but hot. as in 35. David Cameron is remotely hot but unforunately for him, I don't like him. oh oh, you haven't seent he picture of the man I love so much have you? Ben Whishaw? right, I'll post that up in a sec.

3) As for the smell, I don't mean car tyres, it's more new books. It's just a really sexy smell and you have to be there. If one of you meets up with me at lunch this week, then you can sniff me and find out.

4) I'll post the sad news in a sec.
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Oldspeak)
David Cameron is remotely hot
Err I was speechless for a minute there.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
1) Beita- go back a few pages, I posted an article for you.

2) Peter- some old men are hot. when I say OLD I don't mean 65, I mean older than me but hot. as in 35. David Cameron is remotely hot but unforunately for him, I don't like him. oh oh, you haven't seent he picture of the man I love so much have you? Ben Whishaw? right, I'll post that up in a sec.

3) As for the smell, I don't mean car tyres, it's more new books. It's just a really sexy smell and you have to be there. If one of you meets up with me at lunch this week, then you can sniff me and find out.

4) I'll post the sad news in a sec.
Cameron isn't hot! Don't like him or his non-existant policies Clarkson for prime minister :p:

Sad news?
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Err I was speechless for a minute there.
I thought I was imagining it Yuk!
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
Neha, that article made me LOL. It was really difficult though. My teacher sent me an email which showed who won etc, do you want to see it?
Oldspeak
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok firstly sad news: You know how the house of lords has two jobs- being the highest court of appeal and refining legislation. well on 31st july next year, the house of lords will no longer be the highest court of appeal in the country, and its judicial aspect will be removed. Instead, a new supreme court will be created which will be the highest court of appeal in the land. I want to cry. I'm specifically working with the judicial sector of the house of lords, and the AMAZING people there who'sve benn working there for so long will have to get a nother job. bloody tony blair It's just really sad...

On a brighter note guys, I'm about to start one of my ben whishaw is amazing rants.
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
ok firstly sad news: You know how the house of lords has two jobs- being the highest court of appeal and refining legislation. well on 31st july next year, the house of lords will no longer be the highest court of appeal in the country, and its judicial aspect will be removed. Instead, a new supreme court will be created which will be the highest court of appeal in the land. I want to cry. I'm specifically working with the judicial sector of the house of lords, and the AMAZING people there who'sve benn working there for so long will have to get a nother job. bloody tony blair It's just really sad...

On a brighter note guys, I'm about to start one of my ben whishaw is amazing rants.
Ok, I don't class that as "sad" but whatever :rolleyes:

I'm going for a bit so I'll be back once you've finished :p:
Oldspeak
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh my god, i can't find that really hot picture of him. ah well, i'll post it another day. he's just amazing though because he plays roles in movies and TV that I love. he was recently in criminal justice on BBC1.
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow the UK is getting a supreme court?

It's ok neha, you can always do computer science like your brother :teeth:
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
HAHA and that kid who got 94% jeez... Yeh could I see the article please? thanks.
Hi Beita, I received the following from the RSC today. Thankyou for taking part in such a difficult competition. Do you know any of the MGS boys? Enjoy the rest of the summer and I look forward to seeing you on results day or in September.
Dr Winter

Dear Sir / Madam,On behalf of the Royal Society of Chemistry, I’d like to thank you all for allowing your best students to take part in the RSC 5-Decade Exam Challenge. The students themselves should be congratulated for participating so willingly in an extremely difficult exam, and for the way they weathered the technical problems on the day with great maturity.The feedback we have received from schools has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are very grateful for everyone’s understanding with regards to problems with the pioneering online part of this challenge.We received around 1100 scripts, and collected all the data together from the online exam and the hard copies. After much careful analysis of the data, we can now announce the winner and runners-up of the 5-Decade Exam Challenge.
Overall winner:
Nathan Brown, King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys Congratulations to Nathan, who scored a fantastic 94%.
Runners-up:
Aled Walker King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys
Toryn Dalton Bolton School Boys' Division
William Cook The Manchester Grammar School
Jonathan Whitby The Manchester Grammar School
Alex Cutbill Trinity School
Martin Jackson The Manchester Grammar School
Gessica Howarth St Gerard’s School Trust
Lawrence Barrott Royal Grammar School Guildford
Aidan Devane Trinity School
Jim Ashworth Trinity School
Aidan Devane and Jim Ashworth came in joint 10th place, and a runners-up prize of £500 will be awarded to each. We thought you’d like to see some brief statistics about the challenge:
Around 2000 students took part, and we received 1100 manuscripts Data was marked from the best combination of online and manuscript answers for each student The average mark was 25%
The average marks per decade were:
1960s 15.3%
1970s 18.1%
1980s 21.6%
1990s 34.5%
2000s 35.1%
90% of students achieved 50% or less The majority of students sensibly discussed the pros and cons of nuclear power
We will be following this email up shortly with a complete list of results. So again thank you all very much for participating in the 5-Decade Exam Challenge. I hope your students found it stimulating, thought-provoking and, of course, challenging!
With very best wishes, Jon Edwards Jon Edwards, Media Relations Officer Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF, UK Tel +44 (0)1223 432366, Fax +44 (0)1223 426594 Mobile +44 (0)7770 431013 www.rsc.org and www.chemsoc.org
Oldspeak
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)
Ok, I don't class that as "sad" but whatever :rolleyes:

I'm going for a bit so I'll be back once you've finished :p:
my dad just said the same thing. then he told me to get over myself
Teofilo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Surely it's a good thing the UK is getting a Supreme Court?

Are you a parliamentary assistant BTW? How do you like it?

Ben Whishaw looks a bit of a pleb to me (http://jurgenfauth.com/wp-content/up..._whishaw7.jpg).. didn't think he'd be your type, you working in the parliament and all..
Oldspeak
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Teofilo)
Surely it's a good thing the UK is getting a Supreme Court?

Are you a parliamentary assistant BTW? How do you like it?

Ben Whishaw looks a bit of a pleb to me (http://jurgenfauth.com/wp-content/up..._whishaw7.jpg).. didn't think he'd be your type, you working in the parliament and all..
If you go on the facebook group for him, then there are some amazing pictures of him there. And he's just so psycopathic. and an amzing actor- he plays psycho roles and is going to play john keats next year in a film, which I will see because I love love love John Keats. I know what you mean by pleb, but when you watch him on screen then you see his charm. Stiil he's better than plasticy brad pitt et co.

I don't know what a parliamentary assistant is actually, I'm just there for a week on work experience, which was impossible enough to get seeing as they took 8 months to give me a proper answer. but i'm going to find out what an assistant is, then if I'm old enough, become one.

ok now tell me an actor/actress you love.
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hai peeps.
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
Hai peeps.
Hai :love: :teeth:
billet-doux
Report 11 years ago
Hi Jess
GemmyMonster
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
Hai peeps.
Hi :hubba:
trance addict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Hi :hubba:
As i saw your hampster i wondered what it would taste like if i cooked it :teeth:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.27%
It might lead to more bullying (133)
38.33%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.97%

Watched Threads