Job at my school, should I apply for it Watch

ci2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am in the process of getting a Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) in college. Should I apply for the job or would it be embarrassing?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ci2)
I am in the process of getting a Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) in college. Should I apply for the job or would it be embarrassing?
Is this a job at your former school, or your current college?

Either way, it might be good to reach out to some of your contacts to see if they would welcome your application. There's no harm in asking, and this wouldn't be embarrassing. A lot of schools do welcome applications from former pupils.

If it's at a college where you're currently studying, personally I would want a bit of separation before going back to work there- but that would just be my personal feeling.
ci2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Is this a job at your former school, or your current college?

Either way, it might be good to reach out to some of your contacts to see if they would welcome your application. There's no harm in asking, and this wouldn't be embarrassing. A lot of schools do welcome applications from former pupils.

If it's at a college where you're currently studying, personally I would want a bit of separation before going back to work there- but that would just be my personal feeling.
Hi, I left my secondary school in June and the course is part-time, but part of the course requires you to either work or volunteer in a school. I thought I would apply for a job at my secondary school.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ci2)
Hi, I left my secondary school in June and the course is part-time, but part of the course requires you to either work or volunteer in a school. I thought I would apply for a job at my secondary school.
How old are you? It's very likely a secondary school would want someone over 18 in the role. If the role would fit in with what you need for college, there's no harm in applying, but do be aware that there might be reasons they might not feel you're the best fit for the job.

Do you know anyone still at the school? Do be aware that your relationship with them would have to change, if you were staff and they were still a student. You probably wouldn't be allowed to be connected on social media, for example.

Personally, I think it might be easier to work somewhere you have a bit more separation from, but I accept your options might be limited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise