Childcare grant Watch

louisag92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I have heard that the childcare grant is no longer paid into your bank and is paid directly to the provider.

This will cause me problems when I start my degree in 2020 if what I hear is true, it now won't cover the holidays and is paid in arrears. Childcare providers want fees upfront, how am I supposed to cough that up?

If it was paid to me I could have budget it through the whole year. Well they have scuppered that haven't they. Or have I got this wrong? Someone please explain exactly how the childcare grant now works.
Dbzanker
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am in the same situation. I have called Student Finance and the Childcare Grant Payment Service and they told me that the payment is in arrears and they will only pay for service that has already been provided. Not sure about the holidays, I hope they still pay as it makes no sense to take your children out of a nursery/school that they are used to.
louisag92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dbzanker)
I am in the same situation. I have called Student Finance and the Childcare Grant Payment Service and they told me that the payment is in arrears and they will only pay for service that has already been provided. Not sure about the holidays, I hope they still pay as it makes no sense to take your children out of a nursery/school that they are used to.
Such a shame, surely they know how that providers want it upfront.
Dbzanker
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They know and they don't care. I almost feel that they try their hard to make us give up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (149)
13.29%
Excited (99)
8.83%
Worried (208)
18.55%
Terrified (258)
23.02%
Meh (87)
7.76%
Confused (32)
2.85%