jimber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
First post
I'm looking for a summer job and have just completed my CV. I intend to hand this to many shops throughout my town next week. However I feel i've left this process a bit to late to find jobs in retail shops. So I am just wondering do recruitment agencies accept applications from 16 year olds? Ideally to find jobs such as data entry etc.
I would appreciate any advice/help
Thankyou
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jimber)
First post
I'm looking for a summer job and have just completed my CV. I intend to hand this to many shops throughout my town next week. However I feel i've left this process a bit to late to find jobs in retail shops. So I am just wondering do recruitment agencies accept applications from 16 year olds? Ideally to find jobs such as data entry etc.
I would appreciate any advice/help
Thankyou
Yeh, you are old enough to work legally without restrictions so most agencies should accept you without any problems. However, some agencies may have age limits or target only certain members of the community such as foreign workers of single parents, so you have to inquire about these things before you sign up. The summer is a perfect time to find a retail job because this is a time where lots of ex students leave their jobs to seek full time employment.
jimber
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Thanks for the reply :yy: . Going to go round the shops next week, if i have no luck with that I'll get in contact with a recruitment agency.
Alastair904
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm in the same position as you really, I'll probably fill a vacancy I've found as a waiter doing 30 hours a week. I need the money but so much for a summer holiday :P
Priyanka1992
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im looking for a summer job too.

Basically i dnt understand if i should go and get an application, send cvs or do this covering letter thing that someone was telling me about...im soo inexperienced and confused..someone help :confused:
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Go in to places with CVs and that all ready. As them for an application form, if they say they want a CV instead then you already have one with you to hand over.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
have a look on websites, i thought i had left it to late, but having only started looking for a job last night ive al;ready got two interviews so..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads