What qualification you get after one year of BTEC... Watch

lil'diva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I can't remember where I heard this but:

Is it true that if you're doing BTEC National Diploma and you sucessfully complete one year of it but drop out after the first year, that you will receive a BTEC National Certificate qualification??
Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes it's true because you will have accrued enough accreditation and completed enough modules to qualify for this qualification. The same applies if you complete a degree, in your first year you get a certificate of higher education, in the second a diploma of higher education and in the third year a degree. BTECs work in the same manner.
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Would it be counted as the First Diploma? I have one of these for doing a years work.
lil'diva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I just went on this website though http://www.qca.org.uk/14-19/colleges/113_337.htm and on that website is a chart called REVISED BTEC NATIONAL STRCTURE and it says that a National Certificate has 12 units. I've just looked at my college's structure for the National Diploma and there's only 9 units in the first year though...
Severo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For one year of the BTEC National Diploma you would recieve the National Award. For two years, you recieve the National Certificate and if you do the extra six units then the National Diploma.

The First diploma is a level two diploma, it is not worth any UCAS points and is like GCSEs.
TomStudent
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
my tutor said that for the first 22 weeks of the national diploma (2 year course)
we will study the btec national award.

does this mean...at the end of it, we'll have a Diploma + Award or does that award then go towards your diploma.
Daniel Williamson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TomStudent)
my tutor said that for the first 22 weeks of the national diploma (2 year course)
we will study the btec national award.

does this mean...at the end of it, we'll have a Diploma + Award or does that award then go towards your diploma.
No, it's like A Level, you don't get the full A Level and an AS Level, just the National Diploma.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads