The Student Room Group

exam and ucas points

I was just wondering if any of you know anything that could potentially help me out.

I got into BCU but that was before my grades came out and I was predicted a 48 ucas points.
I got a 32, I'm just wondering if you know of any unis that would take on someone with 32 points and which courses because I'm struggling to find one.

I could do more years in college but I really do not want to be 21 and still in college, I cant do that.

anything would help.

thanks
Original post by emmyyyb
I was just wondering if any of you know anything that could potentially help me out.

I got into BCU but that was before my grades came out and I was predicted a 48 ucas points.
I got a 32, I'm just wondering if you know of any unis that would take on someone with 32 points and which courses because I'm struggling to find one.

I could do more years in college but I really do not want to be 21 and still in college, I cant do that.

anything would help.

thanks

Do you currently have a place at BCU or not? If you do, I would take that place.

32 points is equivalent to one C grade A-level, so probably won't be enough for an undergraduate course. Your best bet is probably to look at foundation years/degrees.

However, if you can't find a place on one of these, then I'd suggest maybe doing an access course next year.
Reply 2
I do but its not an unconditional, its a conditional, ive accepted it but I'm not sure they will accept me because its below the entry requirement grade.

I don't think there are any foundation degrees that accept 32 ucas points
Original post by emmyyyb
I do but its not an unconditional, its a conditional, ive accepted it but I'm not sure they will accept me because its below the entry requirement grade.

I don't think there are any foundation degrees that accept 32 ucas points

What does your application currently say on UCAS track? Have your uni made a decision about your place?

If not, the first step is to contact them directly and see if there's any chance of them accepting you.
Reply 5
I have contacted them but they said that they need to wait for the admissions tutor to get back before they can give me any type of answer and that would be on the 13th of august
Original post by emmyyyb
I have contacted them but they said that they need to wait for the admissions tutor to get back before they can give me any type of answer and that would be on the 13th of august

Ok, that's fair enough.

I would strongly recommend waiting for this before you do much else. They haven't outright rejected you, and that's a good sign.

In the meantime, it would be worth continuing to research options such as foundation years and access courses to see if you can come up with anything that sounds promising.

I do think your options will be limited, so if you want to go to uni in the future, I'd strongly suggest considering an access course as an option.
Original post by emmyyyb

anything would help.

thanks

You arent making sense.
You got into the institution BCU or you got grades BCU?

What were all your grades?
You were predicted an A and got a C?
What was your firm choice?
Dont go for a course you dont want.

Contact clearing and see what they have. Without knowing grades its hard to say.
If I had a course I wanted and felt I underperformed I would resit.
Cant suggest until I know the other grades.

I am wary of foundation courses, so make sure you do your research. They work for some people, but can be a real pain for others.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending