tonsillitis/Glandular fever during A2 Watch

dukeofdarkcorners
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok, I moved this when I realised I put it in the wrong forum, so apologies for that.

Basically, I'm in the A2 exam period (like everyone else right now)but about a week ago I started getting a really sore throat and my glands were up and painful. About 4 days ago this developed further and now I have serious tonsillitus which apparently, as the doctor has told me, "may well lead to glandular fever". I can't sleep eat or do anything, and of course right now all I want to do is revise! But I'm finding it so hard when I feel this bad. I have a law exam on monday and I'm panicking like mad. I don't think I can get the A I need, and I'm pretty sure I didn't in English a couple of days ago either. And all because this has come now of all times.
Has anyone experienced this happening before with yourself or friends? I really need some advice. I'm seriously worried that I've completely thrown my place at Warwick away for this damn illness, and I'd been working so hard towards it throughout the year as well.
My doctor wrote a letter to the college today which has been passed onto the exam board but I really don't think it will make much difference.
Anyone got any advice of what I should do? Should I contact someone else? I'm determined to do the exam on monday because I didn't do a mock so they will have nothing to go on if I didn't.....
jseldis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Contact the university and let them know. Give them your doctor's contact details and tell them you've sent it on to the Exam board too.
dukeofdarkcorners
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
OK thanks. Wasn't sure if I should be contacting the university yet. Thought they might get pissed off at me and not want to hear about it
jseldis
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Contact them before the exams. There's nothing they can do about it after as they may just think it's an excuse.

Go for it now...tomorrow's best. Just tell the truth and tell them to contact your doctor and the exam board.
yast
Report 11 years ago
If your college have told the exam board, then they will take into consideration when adding up your marks and may add a few on. They do this for things like being genuinely ill (You not colds), death of a family member/pet that sort of thing
jseldis
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
or, even better, get in a car crash, make yourself go to hospital...you get your predicted grades...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads

Latest