A-Level Art vs BTEC Art Watch

doodlegg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
After failing my first year of A-levels so badly, my college is basically forcing me to start over again, but to do BTEC instead. With me now starting BTEC Art in September, I'm curious what is the difference between it and A-level art (or even GCSE art)?
My first year of A-level art was somewhat similar to what I did in GCSE art, but they're similar in the sense that you're doing numerous other subjects. With BTEC however, you only do one subject, so I'm wondering how this changes the work load and what is actually done and assessed? I have no idea what to expect ;-;
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by doodlegg)
After failing my first year of A-levels so badly, my college is basically forcing me to start over again, but to do BTEC instead. With me now starting BTEC Art in September, I'm curious what is the difference between it and A-level art (or even GCSE art)?
My first year of A-level art was somewhat similar to what I did in GCSE art, but they're similar in the sense that you're doing numerous other subjects. With BTEC however, you only do one subject, so I'm wondering how this changes the work load and what is actually done and assessed? I have no idea what to expect ;-;
Identify the qualification you are sitting and then look at the specification. There are several BTECs from certificates to 90 credit diplomas, full diplomas and extended diploma. You give no indication which one it is.

Have a look here for specifications.

BTEC generally has a much higher % of coursework and lower % of exams.
rcmotorboy
Badges: 5
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Identify the qualification you are sitting and then look at the specification. There are several BTECs from certificates to 90 credit diplomas, full diplomas and extended diploma. You give no indication which one it is.

Have a look here for specifications.

BTEC generally has a much higher % of coursework and lower % of exams.
Yeah, for BTEC, you are expected to know how to paint and draw and use the other mediums and force you to jump straight into the work by making course work. You'll have to know how to produce art before being accepted, hence why I had a portfolio during my interview. A levels have exam day and would make you more prepared after learning to build on top your skills and what you've been taught.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (142)
13.41%
Excited (95)
8.97%
Worried (196)
18.51%
Terrified (238)
22.47%
Meh (84)
7.93%
Confused (31)
2.93%