Have you ever dated someone you've had no feelings for? Watch

Zut alors
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do good-looking men date ugly women? Why not ask them to post reasons why not?

That's not a nice message either ...

I'm just highlighting the fact that some, not all, ugly people, have bad personalities when in reality they should have really nice personalities, by way of compensation. Sadly humans on this planet are judged by looks, wherever you go and don't try and argue against it.

I'm just saying, IMO, feelings don't grow when you don't fancy the other person. Although in some cases, it can grow over time, granted, but that is based on the other person having a really nice personality.
amazon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha fair enough and I understand that this comes from your personal experiences. But why should an ugly person have a nicer personality than a good looking person? It's not like we all get a certain number of good points going for us and then the rest is bad. I think it would be a sad world in which looks were the only thing that people were judged by and would hope that that isn't the case. However- respect your opinion and agree that feelings will probably only grow for a person if your personalities click
bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No I haven't. It's unfair.
Mantha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes.

We went out for 4 months, I mean what a joke. :s:
annarchy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, it was horrific. Never again. Ever.
Zut alors
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In an ideal world, everyone would have a nice personality, regardless of looks.

Increasingly looks seem to matter. There was a time when if you had talent or intelligence or something else that offset looks, but sadly it seems looks seem to really matter, even if you do have brains etc.

It's important to realise that when we all get old, our looks will go anyway, so you need to have a nice personality to fall back on, so to speak.

I tend to think that you need to click with the other person from the get-go. You can't contrive that spark.

Luckily what one person thinks is attractive, doesn't apply to someone else, so there is someone out there for all of us. We all have a different idea of what is attractive, thank goodness.
Pheonixx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes
and i promised myself never again
Zut alors
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmmm yes, I should have posted a shorter post like the one above:

"Horrific experience, never again."

...thinking about it again, the only 'feelings' I managed to drum up about him where the outrage at his attitude/antics, and that was after I'd decided to dump him!

So on a graph it starts at zero, flatlines for ages, then goes subzero ...
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by S001)
Just been thinking of this recently, how many people have been in this case and if yes did your feelings then grow for the person. Like did you go out with the person just for the sake of it or just to get back at someone? How did it end up to be?
When I was 16 i went out with a guy because I wasn't at all attracted to just because I really wanted a boyfriend. Needless to say it didn't last more than about two weeks...
LawGirl 91
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have. He was a really brilliant friend and I had never looked at him in that way...He had never actually seen me as a friend but fancied me like hell, apparently. Anyway he asked me out face to face and the word "Sure" popped out of my mouth. I like to give people a fair shot and because i had never seen him as anything more than a friend i thought it might be worth a shot.

I was with him 2 weeks, the first date annoyed the hell out of me and he came on way too strong but i thought it might be down to nerves on his part...it wasn't. I was 'sick' for the 2nd week and then i just had to call it quits.
Lizsco3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Unfortunately, yes. I didn't realise for a while though, and when I did, it was a revelation.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Only when I was younger.
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The lass has a point, if you date someone "uglier, or beneath you" they will elevate !
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AMG)
The bloke has a point, if you date someone "uglier, or beneath you" they will elevate !
I think the bloke is a woman...
keri_x
Report 11 years ago
Unfortunately, yes

Well I did have feelings for him for the first 6 months... but then I just started to feel like we lost the spark and I was ready to break it off but I didn't because then he got really ill - and so I ended up staying with him for almost another 6 months until he got better. It was quite sad
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, wasn't too great though.
JustJam2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by S001)
Just been thinking of this recently, how many people have been in this case and if yes did your feelings then grow for the person. Like did you go out with the person just for the sake of it or just to get back at someone? How did it end up to be?
No. That probably explains why I've only been out with one person in 22 years.

:rolleyes:
Zut alors
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In reply to the above post saying it's unfair, (which it is in a way), half the time, the person who is the recipient of the no feelings felt for, is the one desperately pushing for the relationship. The person who has options, is the non-chalant one, the one who feels insecure, is the instigator of the relationship and is usually clinging on for dear life.

Options partner: Hmmm can I be bovvered? Think I'm wasting my time ...
Cling on: [Does their best to cling on come what may, usually results in begging for another chance, once the whining and sad doggy eyes routine runs dry]
ash_moo
Report 11 years ago
Yes, once - my closest boy mates in Year 11 who was mad about me. Went out with him for an entire awkward one year, and then broke up because I had just had enough of pretending.
Then ended up ignoring each other for 6 months, and then ended up falling for each other (me including this time haha) again on an unexpected catch-up session.

Been together a while now, and neither of us have been happier
MakingMoves
Report 11 years ago
Yes. She was good looking and everything but I didn't find her attractive. But I did date her due to the fact I liked being liked if you get me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
23.95%
No (235)
76.05%

Watched Threads