Have you ever dated someone you've had no feelings for? Watch

JustJam2006
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ash_moo)
Yes, once - my closest boy mates in Year 11 who was mad about me. Went out with him for an entire awkward one year, and then broke up because I had just had enough of pretending.
Then ended up ignoring each other for 6 months, and then ended up falling for each other (me including this time haha) again on an unexpected catch-up session.

Been together a while now, and neither of us have been happier
Haha! Funny how life works out isn't it? Happy for you guys!
Desperate Prayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends on your definition of "no feelings"
If by no feelings, you mean "no sense of dizziness, butterflies in stomach head over heels heartracing love" then yes. Yes I have. But I have always been very fond of them.

In short;

Never for revenge, a few times for curiosity.

The curiosity being that, while I didnt love them per se, I saw something else in them, the person they are underneath, who they could be, and chose to persue it. Ive only had it go awry once, and even then it didnt end on an unfulfilling note.
moonbeam08
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SuicideCommando)
I've been in this situation, yep.
&& No, my feelings didn't grow.
They actually grew to irritate me more!

But it was awkward 'cos their feelings kept on growing.. yeahhh.
x
exactly what she said ^^^
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. It was a purely physical thing, but then I got tired of it.
i like tea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Zut alors)
There was this ugly boy (me pretty and popular and at that time inexperienced). I got talked into dating ugly billy no mates boy by mutual friends who kept on telling me 'he reaaaaaaaaally likes you' and he was always hanging round me in the background like a friend of a friend. Anyway, I decided that looks aren't everything (being nice) and because he was always hanging round my friends, to maybe give him a chance. I couldn't bring myself to kiss him because of his looks, but one night when I was out of it, I mistakenly did in a jokey way. In the space of a week I found out his personality was terrible and he was not what he make out (ie super laid back and friendly in reality massively moody, stroppy and a user). Somehow then he nicked my male and female friends, and tried to turn them against me, starting planning secret rendez-vous and he tried to try it on with one of my female mates. Clearly my infusing confidence in him and bigging him up this new found superstardum went to his head. It made me realise never to date ugly men ever again because they come with a lot of angry arrogance as to what they think they're entitled to.

Moral: Never date anyone uglier or beneath you. The person beneath you gets elevated to your status and you get sneered at for debasing yourself, forevermore tarnished.

Remember: you're only as good as your last (boyfriend/girlfriend) [whichever].
i get the point of only dating someone you like but your arrogance is disgusting.
samjoe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dated the most boring, dull, plain girl (pretty hot though), she thought i was cute at a party but then the dates were just awful. i want £40 and 6 hours of my life back!!
seleneybob
Report 10 years ago
I've been in this situation, yep.
&& No, my feelings didn't grow.
They actually grew to irritate me more!

But it was awkward 'cos their feelings kept on growing.. yeahhh.
x
This is what happened to me!
I went out with him because he was so nice to me, and i thought i might grow to like him.
But i grew to hate him! He was so irritating!
He told my friend i was the 'one' and i had to end it then no matter how much i didnt really want to hurt him.
Wasnt together to long maybe just under a month, this was when i was about 17.
Just thinking about it makes me cringe now!
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by seleneybob)
This is what happened to me!
I went out with him because he was so nice to me, and i thought i might grow to like him.
But i grew to hate him! He was so irritating!
He told my friend i was the 'one' and i had to end it then no matter how much i didnt really want to hurt him.
Wasnt together to long maybe just under a month, this was when i was about 17.
Just thinking about it makes me cringe now!
Thing is, the one I'm talking about went on TSR :awesome:

Fair play to you though. Glad I'm not the only one.
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by andysmith25)
Yes, a girl fancied me, and I asked her out, but I just ended up not really bothering with the relationship, to the point where she actually dumped me. There's no point going out with someone you don't have feelings for really.
Why ask her out then?
Hula129
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nawwww, always had feelings for the people ive dated.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Desperate Prayer)
It depends on your definition of "no feelings"
If by no feelings, you mean "no sense of dizziness, butterflies in stomach head over heels heartracing love" then yes. Yes I have. But I have always been very fond of them.

In short;
This. How are you meant to meet, get to know, fall for and then start going out with her without ending up in the friend zone?

It takes me time to develop strong feelings for someone, but I feel that if I wait until I do, the girl I'm seeing at the mo will think I've lost interest.

Damn it.
99 Red Balloons
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Twice, but I was young and they only lasted a few weeks anyway! First was a rebound, but it was the same for him aswell. Second my friend pushed us together when we were drunk and it had been a year since I had a boyfriend so I was desperate! Met him once after that party and decided I didn't like him, so waited for him to dump me of course :rolleyes:
seleneybob
Report 10 years ago

oh god poor you! lets hope she isnt storking you haha
The guy i was with was so convinced he was going to be famous one day, and he thought he was a great singer and he wrote his own songs witch he thought he was great at OO but omg iv never heard such **** in my whole life, i could sing better then him and my signing makes it rain! As for his songs he made me read through them all, they were ****. He was like 20 so immuture!
SuicideCommando
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by seleneybob)
oh god poor you! lets hope she isnt storking you haha
The guy i was with was so convinced he was going to be famous one day, and he thought he was a great singer and he wrote his own songs witch he thought he was great at OO but omg iv never heard such **** in my whole life, i could sing better then him and my signing makes it rain! As for his songs he made me read through them all, they were ****. He was like 20 so immuture!
LOL. Thank God for the word 'dump'. :top:
Red Dust
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sort of. He was a friend of mine and I knew he liked me, so when I kissed him while I was drunk (he wasn't), he thought it meant more than it did. I went to apologise the next day, and somehow he took this mean we were then together. I didn't quite know how to tell him he'd read the situation all wrong :o:

So I thought I may as well try it, but yeah, it didn't work. He liked me so much more than I liked him, and I felt really bad about that, so after a little over a month I broke it off.

Luckily we managed to get past the awkwardness and stayed friends. Phew.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No because I'm not the sort of person who would date someone just for the sake of dating someone - which is probably why I was single for so long
MnM007
Report 10 years ago
yes, and no the feelings didnt grow.
blondyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did when i was younger, about 16. I thought i liked him for a fortnight or so, then when we became a couple he just drove me mad, ended up being with with for about 4 months. Would have dumped him sooner, but it was the anniversary of his mums death in november, then in december it was christmas and new year, then his nan died. So it was a delayed breakup
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. There was a guy I could have gone out with it, and I did consider it, but I'd only just met him, and while he was nice I didn't feel anything more than that. I still didn't handle it very well - he sent me a really sweet message (on myspace of all things) and I just ignored it because I was embarrassed I guess. I didn't want to hurt him and I knew I'd be unlikely to see him again, so I just didn't reply
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Don't talk about me around TSR plz.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.19%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.68%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.8%

Watched Threads