Why do people hate me wearing a Fedora? Watch

harrisong12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi TSR Members,

I honestly do not get what people's problems are with me wearing a Fedora.

I live in a small village. When I walk outside with my Fedora on people give me funny looks and stare at me. On holiday to America, everyone was complimenting it but when I got back to the UK everything changed.

I love my Fedora. It makes me happy. But I do not get what people's issues are with me wearing it. It is a trendy and stylish hat.

So what is it will all the Fedora hate? Do you guys wear one or know someone to wears one?

I am looking for people opinions who are similar to my age. My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?
avacados1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I guess it’s not what people are used to see others wearing normally . Obviously whatever everyone else has to say shouldn’t matter whatsoever cos everyone’s gonna judge regardless. Personally, I wouldn’t wear one because I’m not used to it and it’s quite a quirky thing.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrisong12
Rep:
?
(Original post by avacados1)
I guess it’s not what people are used to see others wearing normally . Obviously whatever everyone else has to say shouldn’t matter whatsoever cos everyone’s gonna judge regardless. Personally, I wouldn’t wear one because I’m not used to it and it’s quite a quirky thing.
That's true. I may aswell just go out and wear it. I personally love them and I am quite a quirky person.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by harrisong12)
My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?
We don't really care. If you like it, wear it.
harrisong12
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
We don't really care. If you like it, wear it.
Thanks black tea, just needed a bit of reassurance. Thanks for the feedback.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because of the stereotype of fedora-wearing men that emerged over the internet a while ago
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrisong12)
Hi TSR Members,

I honestly do not get what people's problems are with me wearing a Fedora.

I live in a small village. When I walk outside with my Fedora on people give me funny looks and stare at me. On holiday to America, everyone was complimenting it but when I got back to the UK everything changed.

I love my Fedora. It makes me happy. But I do not get what people's issues are with me wearing it. It is a trendy and stylish hat.

So what is it will all the Fedora hate? Do you guys wear one or know someone to wears one?

I am looking for people opinions who are similar to my age. My family support me wearing it but what do you guys think?
It stands out.

Personally I would continue to wear it. The majority of UK men have the imaginative style of a blind mole, wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans (often visibly cheap).

To be honest the only real opinion that matters is yours and to a lesser degree the opposite sex. Back in 2009 I was but a teen and went through a phase of wearing shirts with skinny ties (it was a thing among indie Americans and I’d seen Jenson Button wearing it and thought it was hot). My friends would take the mick a bit because it looked too formal and a few random guys would give odd looks or mumble.. however random women would complement and I would get numbers ect..

Moral of the story, Mussolini was right. It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand as a sheep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise