lcath1998
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am an EU National with a French passport who was born in the UK and I have lived here all my life. I am applying for student finance for a PGCE in primary education. I was told by SFE that I have to prove that I have lived in the UK for the past five years, however I don't have bank statements going back that far as I don't keep them, I don't have payslips from previous years and as I have only just started living on my own I don't have bills or anything like that. What can I use as evidence? I can't contact my secondary and sixth form schools as it is summer holidays and it is getting close to the start of my course now. I am starting to really worry about how I will be able to prove I have lived in the UK for my whole life.
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lcath1998)
I am an EU National with a French passport who was born in the UK and I have lived here all my life. I am applying for student finance for a PGCE in primary education. I was told by SFE that I have to prove that I have lived in the UK for the past five years, however I don't have bank statements going back that far as I don't keep them, I don't have payslips from previous years and as I have only just started living on my own I don't have bills or anything like that. What can I use as evidence? I can't contact my secondary and sixth form schools as it is summer holidays and it is getting close to the start of my course now. I am starting to really worry about how I will be able to prove I have lived in the UK for my whole life.
Hi,

You can find more information on residency evidence here 👉 http://ow.ly/dYuL30oSffs

Regards, Duncan
lcath1998
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Hi,

You can find more information on residency evidence here 👉 http://ow.ly/dYuL30oSffs

Regards, Duncan
I was told I would have to provide proof of my address for each of the five years, and the only way I can think to do this is to contact my schools and get a signed letter from both, however as it is summer I won't be able to do this before September!
Ferne SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was told I would have to provide proof of my address for each of the five years, and the only way I can think to do this is to contact my schools and get a signed letter from both, however as it is summer I won't be able to do this before September!
Hi there,

If you were under 18 at the first date we have requested evidence we can also accept original school qualification certificates, they can be accepted to cover the year before the certificate was 'certified'. Additionally we can accept original bank statements showing small amounts in and out, if you had a young person's account at any time during the period requested.

Kind regards, Ferne
Workxp140804
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What about your NI number isnt that a valid proof?
Ferne SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Workxp140804)
What about your NI number isnt that a valid proof?
We can consider original letters from the Department of Work and Pensions but your National Insurance Number alone is not listed within our acceptable options.

Kind regards, Ferne
lcath1998
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ferne SFE)
Hi there,

If you were under 18 at the first date we have requested evidence we can also accept original school qualification certificates, they can be accepted to cover the year before the certificate was 'certified'. Additionally we can accept original bank statements showing small amounts in and out, if you had a young person's account at any time during the period requested.

Kind regards, Ferne
Could I submit my replacement GCSE and A-Level certificates to prove I have attended secondary school and sixth form here as well as a letter from my university confirming my attendance? I feel that this would show that I have lived in the UK for the past five years as I had no gaps between my education.
Ferne SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Could I submit my replacement GCSE and A-Level certificates to prove I have attended secondary school and sixth form here as well as a letter from my university confirming my attendance? I feel that this would show that I have lived in the UK for the past five years as I had no gaps between my education.
You can submit as much evidence as you believe will be necessary to cover your 5 years residency however, we wouldn't require multiple documents which cover the same period of time. When you mention replacement GCSE and A-Level certificates, are these still classed as original documents or copies?

Thanks, Ferne
lcath1998
Rep:
?
They are certificates issued by AQA, Edexcel and OCR that replace the original certificates as I had lost my original ones, however they are still official documents that are recognised as statements of my results.
Ferne SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They are certificates issued by AQA, Edexcel and OCR that replace the original certificates as I had lost my original ones, however they are still official documents that are recognised as statements of my results.
Okay great, as long as they are still classed as official certificates our assessment team should be able to review them.

Kind regards, Ferne
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads