Is long hair unsuitabe for professional males? Watch

Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have two important job interviews in London on Monday and my parents seem to think that my hair is too long and messy, here's a few examples of the hair style i'm trying to get:

One of the interviews is in Canary Wharf, inappropriate?
Because I could always cut my hair short and go for a dry messyish style, but I used to have that anyway. I don't want anything plain. By the way my hair is a dark brown, not as dark as these photo's though.

This is the longest my hair has ever been,as it's been short all of my life and I fear i'm going to have to lose 5 months work

Opinions please!
annarchy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Much longer = hotstuffs
Maqdah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you look remotely close like these 2 guys, then keep the long hair.
Witness23
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
as long as it isn't really scruffy it looks fine.
Miss Monkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's guys on my course with long hair. As long as it's not in the way for clinics and it looks smart (same rules as for girls I guess) it's allowed.
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That hair is fine. In fact, any long hair is fine, provided it's well groomed.
bete noire
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just er dont look like a metal head
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh if you look anythin like those guys- keep the hair!!! *drools*
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Arteta)
I have two important job interviews in London on Monday and my parents seem to think that my hair is too long and messy, here's a few examples of the hair style i'm trying to get:

Because I could always cut my hair short and go for a dry messyish style, but I used to have that anyway. I don't want anything plain. By the way my hair is a dark brown, not as dark as these photo's though.

This is the longest my hair has ever been,as it's been short all of my life and I fear i'm going to have to lose 5 months work

Opinions please!
There will be a significant contingent at Canary Wharf with much much less hair. They might get jealous of yours - I dunno...might be a factor. :-)
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think maybe the styling on the hair makes it look a bit unprofessional. Hot, yes, but not professional. I can't remember seeing anyone on my work experience who had hair any longer than just-hitting-the-collar.

But I have a loathing for men with curly hair, so feel free to ignore me.
Ashbourne1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Depends how you style it.

jodie_lee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You're pretty hot in your picture, good bone structure..I'm sure you'll look nice, professional and goood

What job you applying for?
pcok
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would usually say no, but if it can look as good as in those photos then go for it. I'm not just saying that cos the guy is really hot () but cos I think it does look really smart and profesional, and would look a bit different to the usual short hair. Would probably give you a bit of character, but if it doesn't look sort of smart like the photos I dunno, maybe you shouldn't go for it. Do you have a pic of yourself, then we can give proper opinions.
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I don't think the hair in those images in particularly long or scruffy looking, so if yours is anything like that then you'll be fine
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Opinions please!
I love that length of hair on guys it definitely is hotstuff you can brush your hands through it

As long as its not too messy and looks professional with a suit, i think it can make you look more professional. My brother had the same problem when he was applying for training contracts at law firms but he ended up keeping it, dont know if that helps.
TeamBlueGravy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Opinions please!
WOO im i exact same situation, and got an interview in canary warf . Parents been nagging me, im just going to get it tidied up. maybe take an inch or half an inch off, but ima keep most of the length. We should have to cut are hair to get a job, FIGHT THE MAN, POWER 2 THE PEOPLE:tsr2:
Arteta
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Thanks for the feedback!

I wish I looked like the guys in the photo's, but i'm quite clearly white, so I'm not sure If i can entirely pull off that Italian-esque look.

I do agree that if it's under control then it's ok, but I'm not sure I ant to take a chance. Once I get the job i'll worry about hair...until then I want to fit in. I realised that the only long haired guys in suits are models. My only problem now is to get it done either tonight of tomorrow!

(Original post by kam_007)
WOO im i exact same situation, and got an interview in canary warf . Parents been nagging me, im just going to get it tidied up.
Good Luck!

(Original post by jodie_lee)
You're pretty hot in your picture, good bone structure..I'm sure you'll look nice, professional and goood

What job you applying for?
Thankyou and it's Reuters!
jodie_lee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for the feedback!

I wish I looked like the guys in the photo's, but i'm quite clearly white, so I'm not sure If i can entirely pull off that Italian-esque look.

I do agree that if it's under control then it's ok, but I'm not sure I ant to take a chance. Once I get the job i'll worry about hair...until then I want to fit in. I realised that the only long haired guys in suits are models. My only problem now is to get it done either tonight of tomorrow!

Good Luck!

Thankyou and it's Reuters!
That's probably the best plan, once you have the job they can hardly sack you for having long hair... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll look good whatever

Good luck x
TeamBlueGravy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good Luck!
Cheers and you to mate.

Keep the hair, you'll stand out if anything, they'll say "remember that guy with the uber fashionable long hair, im going to give him a job just because he rates a 10 on my cool-dar." Or something along those lines
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cut your hair just for the interview? Damn, that's sad. I'd keep it long, if I were you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.15%
No (179)
75.85%

Watched Threads