Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ok i dont know whether its because of exams but i just feel sad, too stressed and i feel like i've lost my best friend but the thing is we havent even had a fight! its just havent really talked to her properly for a while, when we see each other is just you know exam talk. i just feel like im losing her and that we're not as close as before, we've had little tiffs but to be honest thats because theres been misunderstandings and we have that awkardness for awhile. when its good, its really good! but when its bad, it just feels awful, its like we're in a proper relationship!! lol but seriously shes such a special friend and she means so much to me and i dont wanna lose contact but i feel shes changing slightly..i can see it. shes different to last year and when im really upset i just feel like well we'll be going to diff unis and i'll make new friends but its hard to just let go of the friendship. advice anyone? and sorry for blabbing!!!

ps my time of the month so i think im just a tad over emotional with all this and exams lol
FutureEconomist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok i dont know whether its because of exams but i just feel sad, too stressed and i feel like i've lost my best friend but the thing is we havent even had a fight! its just havent really talked to her properly for a while, when we see each other is just you know exam talk. i just feel like im losing her and that we're not as close as before, we've had little tiffs but to be honest thats because theres been misunderstandings and we have that awkardness for awhile. when its good, its really good! but when its bad, it just feels awful, its like we're in a proper relationship!! lol but seriously shes such a special friend and she means so much to me and i dont wanna lose contact but i feel shes changing slightly..i can see it. shes different to last year and when im really upset i just feel like well we'll be going to diff unis and i'll make new friends but its hard to just let go of the friendship. advice anyone? and sorry for blabbing!!!

ps my time of the month so i think im just a tad over emotional with all this and exams lol

It could just be the pressures of exams. I know I felt like that during my exams, and my best friend lived in the same HOUSE as me (I went to a boarding school). Try asking to do something non-exam related, chill time... go out for a movie or a nice meal to catch up. Things will be very different when the exams are over, I am sure.
jh_1988_england
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
dooont worry, pretty sure its coz of exams, after there over everything will no like usual again
Crissi
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Maybe you are just growing apart. I do not condone it but it happens sometimes. Im experiencing that now. The people that i was the closest to, im no longer close with...at all. It is really awkward and what not, and it gets lonely, but you know what, some people are only around for a season so to speak. However do try and work it out, if it does not work don't force it...
Downesey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My gf experienced this, her and her best friend of 5 years,( and i mean BEST, the real deal) just started drifting apart. However they havnt changed as people, they have just moved on, thats all. Im not suggesting u just drop her, because its an awful thing to lose a great friend, however make sure youre not left on your own if she drifts off
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Haha I think it's your period talking. But yes I'm in a very similar situation.
I think this is all normal because it's exam period and everyone's usually all caught up.. But exams end soon and maybe you should plan something fun or just speak to her after all the stress is over.. I'm sure it'll be fine there have to be times where you grow apart a bit it's only natural but it doesn't mean you're not friends anymore .
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Exam stress is getting to everyone right now.

Sit down and talk to her about the situation, and then re-assess how you both feel about each other. And remember just because your going to uni doesn't mean you can't still keep in contact with your good friends, and meet up at the weekends and stuff. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end, if your good friends you'll be able to sit and talk about how you really feel and she'll accept what your saying and still like you just as much, and vice versa. Im sure everything will be fine in the end though.
SmellyCat16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
give it some time, time heals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.73%
No (153)
74.27%

Watched Threads