The Student Room Group

Student Accommodation for a local uni

I’m starting my applications in a few months and i have saw a course which would interest me at Strathclyde University, but i live in Glasgow so its local to me, but i’ve been planning on moving out as my house is too crowded and i don’t really enjoy staying here lol. Anyway somebody told me that im less likely to find student accommodation because im local and they’ll give it to other students first. Is this the case at all? Im pretty clueless about it all and can’t find any information online.
Reply 1
Original post by amrtn
I’m starting my applications in a few months and i have saw a course which would interest me at Strathclyde University, but i live in Glasgow so its local to me, but i’ve been planning on moving out as my house is too crowded and i don’t really enjoy staying here lol. Anyway somebody told me that im less likely to find student accommodation because im local and they’ll give it to other students first. Is this the case at all? Im pretty clueless about it all and can’t find any information online.

A quick look on their website shows this is no longer the case:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/beforeyouapply/

"priority will no longer be given to students who live outwith 25 miles of University (we are in the process of removing the related question from our application form)"

Even if it does not work out with uni accom, private halls would have no problem accepting you
Reply 2
Original post by lemxn
A quick look on their website shows this is no longer the case:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/beforeyouapply/

"priority will no longer be given to students who live outwith 25 miles of University (we are in the process of removing the related question from our application form)"

Even if it does not work out with uni accom, private halls would have no problem accepting you

Oh i must have completely missed that part hahaha im just proper overthinking everything 🤣 thank you

Quick Reply

Latest