Student Accommodation for a local uni

Watch
amrtn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m starting my applications in a few months and i have saw a course which would interest me at Strathclyde University, but i live in Glasgow so its local to me, but i’ve been planning on moving out as my house is too crowded and i don’t really enjoy staying here lol. Anyway somebody told me that im less likely to find student accommodation because im local and they’ll give it to other students first. Is this the case at all? Im pretty clueless about it all and can’t find any information online.
lemxn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amrtn)
I’m starting my applications in a few months and i have saw a course which would interest me at Strathclyde University, but i live in Glasgow so its local to me, but i’ve been planning on moving out as my house is too crowded and i don’t really enjoy staying here lol. Anyway somebody told me that im less likely to find student accommodation because im local and they’ll give it to other students first. Is this the case at all? Im pretty clueless about it all and can’t find any information online.
A quick look on their website shows this is no longer the case:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus...eforeyouapply/

"priority will no longer be given to students who live outwith 25 miles of University (we are in the process of removing the related question from our application form)"

Even if it does not work out with uni accom, private halls would have no problem accepting you
amrtn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by lemxn)
A quick look on their website shows this is no longer the case:

https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus...eforeyouapply/

"priority will no longer be given to students who live outwith 25 miles of University (we are in the process of removing the related question from our application form)"

Even if it does not work out with uni accom, private halls would have no problem accepting you
Oh i must have completely missed that part hahaha im just proper overthinking everything 🤣 thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads