when will the test be if i get a 6 for GCSE maths?

Watch
help_me_learn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i want to do ALEVEL maths but if I get a 6, I will need to pass an algebra test in order to do the subject. if that's the case, will the test be on results day or will there be another date allocated which will be announced on enrolment day?

also...will the test require knowledge from GCSEs or will elements of alevel maths be put in?
username4891378
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I highly highly highly doubt they'd do a test on results day. They would have to tell u previously anyway but it's unlikely anyone would be in the right frame of mind.

If you haven't already done any a-level maths, I expect it'll only be GCSE knowledge
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'll have to ask the people conducting the algebra test. I don't think this is a thing they do for the whole country, maybe just your specific sixth form.
avacados1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I doubt there would be elements of a level maths in it very strongly. I think it would be stuff like algebraic fractions and general algebra because u have to have a strong algebraic base for a level maths. So this would be gcse maths content. The aim of the test is only to see whether a level maths is suitable for you so don’t worry too much about it. Just recap gcse algebra before if u want
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i highly doubt any a level elements would be in there as that'd be unfair. not every school does this so you'll need to ask your school on results day about the arrangements for the assessment. make sure to do a little revision beforehand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.54%
England (105)
33.98%
Belgium (26)
8.41%
Germany (37)
11.97%
Spain (5)
1.62%