The Student Room Group

Angry and Worrisome Thoughts Toward Oppo Sex

I am in pretty bad shape right now mentally because I haven’t got any good help IRL or from other forums. After receiving rejections from most women I have been interested in, while having other women who I was previously good friends with slip away from me upon leaving uni, I’ve decided to be content with remaining single rather than risk frustration over women. But even with a fair amount of friendships early on in my life being women/girls who happen to be friends, my anxiety has caused me to generalise against the entire opposite sex. I’ve also started to believe men and women can never really be friends. It’s either back the insert word here off or spending every waking moment together. It’s kind of a defense mechanism that I’ve used to respond to my perceived loss of women’s interest to be friends with me, whether it be growing apart, someone getting married, or some woman just plain doesn’t like me. This is all getting to my head, now to the point that any situation involving women, in both my social life and my upcoming future jobs, will be a stepping stone for humiliation. But it's not like I can just turn these thoughts off, the only way to really do that is to avoid any situation with women at all costs because I'm a dirty scumbag.

I’ve lost several nights of solid sleep and sanity over my many failures and mistakes with women and my worries over these thoughts. Any help here?
(edited 4 years ago)
Try building relationships and friendships with women in a non-romantic way.
Umm ok.... but I did say that it's either "back the insert word here off or spend every waking moment together" right? This is not what I try to impose on people but everybody else seems to force this mentality on me. How can I even begin with so-called "friendship with women" if they don't even let me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending