The Student Room Group

Gcse

Hi, I did 5 subjects for gcse but got disqualified in one of the science subject. Can I get in alevels? Will they accept me? Also will they allow me to do alevels and resist my science paper at the same time? Where should I contact and whom? Please help me.
Original post by alexaam
Hi, I did 5 subjects for gcse but got disqualified in one of the science subject. Can I get in alevels? Will they accept me? Also will they allow me to do alevels and resist my science paper at the same time? Where should I contact and whom? Please help me.

I think that it shouldn't really impact your chances to do A-levels as there are other subjects despite it being on record and sixth forms and colleges won't seriously do drastic actions because of this I don't think but probably someone will disagree with me. I don't think it should be a huge matter due to just one exam. As long as you got 5 passes and you do not want to do science for a -level then you shouldn't heavily be concerned on the issue. What did you get disqualified for anyway?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, well since I got disqualified from one science subject I just have 4 subjects for gcse! And I want to take science for alevels! Can I re-sit and do my alevel science together? I got disqualified for cheating which I didn't do it at all & since I couldn't prove it I got disqualified.
Original post by alexaam
Hi, well since I got disqualified from one science subject I just have 4 subjects for gcse! And I want to take science for a levels! Can I re-sit and do my alevel science together? I got disqualified for cheating which I didn't do it at all & since I couldn't prove it I got disqualified.

Ouch, sorry that is actually a tough situation your in unfortunately. You do have a choice to resit for science but that will have to be next year and to do an a-level in science you really need a gcse grade in science with a grade 6 or above. You could do the gcse exam of science next year and then resit year 12 where you can do a level science then. That could be a fresh start for you. I really think that you should speak to your school on results day with your parents for comfort and ask the school for other options. Hopefully, the school will then give you some alternative options as there will always be an alternative for you no matter what. Perhaps thinnk to go college and take a few courses there as you still got 4 GCSE's which are applicable. I wish you the best of luck on results day then
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by alexaam

How come you got disqualified? Your school might still let you, provided you get English and maths
Reply 5
YE thankyou will do that. And how's about btec will I be able to do btec instead of alevels ?
You will be able to do a Btec as most centres require a minimum of 5 gcse for A-level so I am guessing it is 4 for Btec for those sixthform and colleges that want 5 GCSE’s. The college I am going to wants 6 passes and 5 for a Btec so I’m guessing if it’s 5 for alevel must be 4 for Btec. However I am still not sure so you might have to double check.
Reply 7
Thankyou so much

Quick Reply

Latest