Will I get a full masters loan. Watch

Becky123442
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am hoping to study for a master's degree next year, I'm aware I will need employment to get some of the funds for it (I'm working on that). I am still a student studying at home, but planning to move to Salford.

I'm aware master's loans are 10,900 approx now, on the course I am on now. I receive a little bit off the full loan, not sure how since my parents are on a low income anyway and get money for my mum's disability.

Anyway, I was wondering if people do actually get the full amount as stated and if a small part-time job would affect this. (12-16 hours) 8.20 wage.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Becky123442)
Hi, I am hoping to study for a master's degree next year, I'm aware I will need employment to get some of the funds for it (I'm working on that). I am still a student studying at home, but planning to move to Salford.

I'm aware master's loans are 10,900 approx now, on the course I am on now. I receive a little bit off the full loan, not sure how since my parents are on a low income anyway and get money for my mum's disability.

Anyway, I was wondering if people do actually get the full amount as stated and if a small part-time job would affect this. (12-16 hours) 8.20 wage.
Not income based and you should get the full amount.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Becky123442)

Hi Becky,

The Masters loan would be awarded based off of previous study among other criteria. If you currently receive student finance and haven't applied for funding at Masters level then you should be fine but it's always best to apply once possible to ensure the application is approved and ready to go.

A job and parental income won't affect the awarded amount so that should also not a problem.

Here is the student finance link if you would like to have a look at what is available - Student finance - Postgraduate funding

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Last edited by Liverpool Hope University; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.5%
Excited (93)
9.16%
Worried (190)
18.72%
Terrified (230)
22.66%
Meh (78)
7.68%
Confused (28)
2.76%