Is this something you would say to a friend?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is something like (below) something that could be said to a friend who announced that they were struggling to make new friends at uni - or is it too 'blunt' to say to someone you consider a friend?

In all honesty, I thought you'd struggle socially at uni, just because you weren't practiced. But it's not hard to change... (before giving advice, and suggesting that we meet up in the break)
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Depends on how good friends you are.

My best friends are incredibly blunt with me; but I know they have my best interests at heart. If this is someone you don't know very well... I wouldn't be happy if they are very bluntly negative.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Depends on how good friends you are.

My best friends are incredibly blunt with me; but I know they have my best interests at heart. If this is someone you don't know very well... I wouldn't be happy if they are very bluntly negative.
Thanks - do you think that this is very bluntly negative?
Anonymous #1
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ngl it is kinda kinda kinda rude
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry)
ngl it is kinda kinda kinda rude
How do you mean?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you mean?
“i knew you’d struggle socially” is just like rude but i don’t think she meant it to be rude but just comes across like that but like she gave you advice so
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait. What.

I just told one of my mates that his breath smells like arse. Cos he was smoking weed. He asked if I wanted a roll and I was like nah then my breath will smell like yours. Now that's...blunt...get it??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Wait. What.

I just told one of my mates that his breath smells like arse. Cos he was smoking weed. He asked if I wanted a roll and I was like nah then my breath will smell like yours. Now that's...blunt...get it??
Not really...
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
“i knew you’d struggle socially” is just like rude but i don’t think she meant it to be rude but just comes across like that but like she gave you advice so
Who is your av
Anonymous #1
Who is your av
What’s an av?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who is your av
i don’t know half the people i put on my avi
Anonymous #1
Suppose the message has already been sent.

Would saying ‘I just re read this and realised that it sound a little tough but I figured no one else would go there ‘ redeem it (if it did come across as rude?)
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i don’t know half the people i put on my avi
Useless. It looks fit.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’d personally be a bit pissed. My mates and me tend to be rude jokingly to each other but that just seems to be over the line and a bit rude.
Rawr789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say that's a little rude and potenionally hurtful. I just don't think it's helpful for someone to say that especially when that person has been to uni and made friends.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rawr789)
I'd say that's a little rude and potenionally hurtful. I just don't think it's helpful for someone to say that especially when that person has been to uni and made friends.
Which person has made friends? The person saying it or the person it was sent to?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Useless. It looks fit.
you mean she?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kristen1283)
I’d personally be a bit pissed. My mates and me tend to be rude jokingly to each other but that just seems to be over the line and a bit rude.
How do you mean by over the line?

Would saying ‘I just re read this and realised that it sound a little tough but I figured no one else would go there ’ redeem it (if it did come across as rude?)
Rawr789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which person has made friends? The person saying it or the person it was sent to?
The person it was sent to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed